Author Topic: Charlie is looking for his lost friend  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Charlie is looking for his lost friend
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:49:43 AM »
I'm no expert but I wonder if giving him the shirt may give him a false sense of hope? - if the grieving process has started, it could be back to square one?

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 00:58:08 AM »
I agree with giving him the shirt and hope that some of the siamese peeps will see this and be able to give you some advice  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 15:28:29 PM »
I think giving him the shirt is a good idea - cats' sense of smell is much more acute than ours, and he will be able to pick up from the odours what has happened. I generally do try to let mine see a companion who has gone to the rainbow bridge as it really does seem to help with grieving. But the shirt idea might just do it! Clever you.

So sorry to hear of Monty's passing ... siamese do seem to be a particularly death-defying breed. The all seem to believe they are bullet-proof  :Luv:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 15:14:14 PM »
 :welcome: and sorry its because of a loss  :hug:

Its a decision that you need to make over getting another, some people need weeks to grieve others find it easier to cope by getting another very quickly.
In regards to charlie its difficult to know when he would benefit the most, i dont know much about the siamese breed but there are others who have plenty of experience with them.

If you decide to get him another pal do assess your road to see if it was a fluke accident or relatively high odds on to it happening.

Offline Bogtruck

• Kitten
Charlie is looking for his lost friend
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 15:01:43 PM »
Dear All

I am a new member here. I have recently posted in the Rambow Bridge sub-forum because we lost one of our dear little boys in a road traffic accident (My little boy Monty thread). Monty, a brown point Siamese (1 1/2 years old) leaves behind his companion Charlie, a blue point Siamese (2 1/4 years old). The boys did everything together and I think he is now realising that Monty is missing. What is the best way to handle this?

Charlie didn't get the chance to see Monty before we took him away. I still have the shirt I wore when I took Monty, and it is covered in this scent. Should I give this to him, or will it confuse matters? I have some pheromone spray and have sprayed it about the house. I know that Siamese tend to be sensitive creatures and Charlie is beginning to uncharacteristically meow about the house.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated at this most difficult time.

Thank you

Christopher

Link to CatChat