Author Topic: Neutered Toms  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Neutered Toms
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 02:17:11 AM »
Life would have been so much easier with just a gerbil.....

....As life would have been so much easier being one!  :evillaugh:

Hope the paws are ok!  ;)

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 02:14:03 AM »
Well I did speak to the vets this morning, who said it was quite normal which is a relief. Only to get back home to find Barney licking his front right paw and has continued to do so all day. Decided to have a look tonight and it is red raw just above the the pads, not sure what has caused this but it's back to vets tomorrow. Life would have been so much easier with just a gerbil.....

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 01:42:01 AM »
Probably only a lobotomy would stop a male having desires!  :evillaugh: Seriously even after neuter they still get erection's.....when one of mine get's excited (being playful) I will shortly after see him cleaning his "Barbie or Ken" <- Argh Penis...there I said it!  :shy:

Gosh one of my cats (the Baz Baz) does this to the dog....and he is going through the motions....but obviously no penetration is used!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 02:14:00 AM by Bazsmum »

ccmacey

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 23:14:52 PM »
When Lyla was in heat Harry would mount her, with the most "Im confused look" on his face. Harry has been neutered for a year and a half now. I think its the females giving off a scent which obviously makes the males act in this way. Although they have been neutered they can still smell and think about it.

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 09:09:33 AM »
There would be no need to seperate them....

I would think there is every need as it is very painful for the female.

To be honest with you I would be inclined to take the little one to the vets to confirm a full neuter was proformed. If there is any testicle  tissue left inside it could turn cancerous

There is also medication available to ty to resolve the problem.

Well I did seperate them, Spangles did not seem distressed at the time and continued to eat her dinner. So it may well be that penetration did not take place, my concern is with Barney who was straddled across her in the mounting posistion and when I pulled him off he clearly had and erect penis.  Not being up on biology, but I would have thought getting erect was near impossible if the testicles have been removed. It's not as though cats have sex for pleasure now is it? Even at 3am this morning Barney was howling so I brought Spangles into my bed and shut the door. I think I will call the vets this morning .

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:57 AM »
i think it is cos Spangles is giving off the right scent - do watch for signs of heat, as not all vets will spay when they are in season.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 07:14:35 AM »
There would be no need to seperate them....

I would think there is every need as it is very painful for the female.

To be honest with you I would be inclined to take the little one to the vets to confirm a full neuter was proformed. If there is any testicle  tissue left inside it could turn cancerous

There is also medication available to ty to resolve the problem.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 21:39:28 PM »
I remember going upstairs once a few years ago to find Zephyr and Foxy in a compromising position .... I don't know who was the most shocked me or Zephyr ... I can still remember the look of absolute shock and horror on his face  :Crazy: (I think I probably had a similar look on my face)  :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 21:12:58 PM »
 :idea:  :scared: :wow: :sick:  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 21:10:48 PM »
[
Eunuch's?  :evillaugh: or even further?  :scared:

even further. Given the question first asked, I suggest you use your imagination - after that particular operation, they certainly had to ... :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 21:07:49 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 21:06:44 PM »
I was under the impression once he was snipped he'd lose any urge that he might have. 

Sultans who maintained harems were similarly disappointed ... So they took the snip on step further, so there was nothing left to play with  :sick:

Eunuch's?  :evillaugh: or even further?  :scared:

When I was younger I had a plastic toy leopard....sitting turning the toy every possible direction I asked my mum "Is this a lady leopard"? To my mother's horror she asked "why did I think that"? I turned the face of the leopard to her and said "look its got lipstick on"  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 19:33:24 PM »
Spangles may well be in heat so please keep her in until shes done! Toms are very cunning when they need to be

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 18:38:51 PM »
I was under the impression once he was snipped he'd lose any urge that he might have. 

Sultans who maintained harems were similarly disappointed ... So they took the snip on step further, so there was nothing left to play with  :sick:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 18:34:20 PM »
I was just a bit suprised to see him in action so to speak, I was under the impression once he was snipped he'd lose any urge that he might have. 

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 17:34:53 PM »
....Or Ken's lipstick if your a male!  :evillaugh:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 17:21:17 PM »
Rocky often mounts Freddy....work that one out  :rofl: :rofl:

As for his Penis, I call it "Barbies lipstick" coz thats what it looks like  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 14:19:51 PM »
Dont worry! Even neutered males can still do this so it is quite normal just a bit shocking on our behalf!  ;)

There would be no need to seperate them....he cant make her pregnant! Some time's the males do this as a dominant behavior also..... ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 14:21:52 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
Neutered Toms
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 14:09:00 PM »
Just been putting in some bedding plants in the garden although not sure exactly how long they will last ;D. Then shock horror, turned around to see young Spangles on the garden table eating her dinner, with Barney who is definitely neutered mounted on top of her going through the motions :Crazy: Now I know he is neutered because I took him and when he was having it done he had an undescended testicle and so he had an op to remove it. When I called  him of her he had what I would call an erect penis, cant say I've ever seen one before so I'm guessing that's what it was. Now my understanding of neutering & spaying is once done they have no interest in breeding. So can someone please explain why I have Barney downstairs howling and Spangles upstairs hiding :scared:
I did actually take Spangles for a pre spaying check yesterday and she is booked in for this coming Wednesday. But I just cant get my head around Barney's situation. Thoughts please....

Link to CatChat