Author Topic: Sneezles again  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Sneezles again
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 19:46:16 PM »
hi,

With some insurers you can get a pre-authorisation number a few days before your visit to teh vets, then the vet won't ask for full payement becuase the insurance company has already agreed they will pay. Give your company a call and find out. Hope kitty gets well soon. kate

That's really good to know, I piad out £500ish for Riley last year and it would have been handy to have had it pre-authorised.  My vets will do a direct claim but only for ongoing issues that have already been paid out once, this time it was one off exploratory tests so I had to pay and claim from the insurance company myself.

Hope Amber's sneezles (what a great word  :)) have cleared up  ;D

Offline Kate

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 18:46:15 PM »
hi,

With some insurers you can get a pre-authorisation number a few days before your visit to teh vets, then the vet won't ask for full payement becuase the insurance company has already agreed they will pay. Give your company a call and find out. Hope kitty gets well soon. kate

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 14:45:16 PM »
I didn't think to check that, the one I'm planning to use is in park gate, came recommended from a friend.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »
Can you read the vets name on the vaccination card.  I know the Ark used to use the local Vets, Alver Vets who have Branches in Stubbington and Fareham.  Wouldn't want you going to a Vets and finding the one that treated them at the Ark works there.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:53:12 AM »
I think it depends on the vets Bryony. I've heard about a lot of people who have to pay up front (thats why a lot have emergency credit cards .. pay the bill on that then pay it off when the insurance money comes through).

I'm fortunate in that my vets take direct payment from the insurance company. I pay the excess and hand over a claims form to the vet which I've signed and they fill in the rest.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
They havn't been up to the vets yet, I was planning on just taking their vaccination card from the rescue and saying thats all I have. I can only make guesses as to their history for the most part anyway.

I was hoping the insurance would be a direct payment from the insurance co, I can afford the excess ok, but I wouldn't be able to pay the whole amount up front, thats why I got the insurance in the first place.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 22:50:35 PM »
It depends what the excess is on the insurance but my two cats who went to the vets recently were just undere the excess so could not claim. However Sasa last December cos quite a bit and saw a new vet who was very nice and offered to let me pay them the excess and they would get the rest back from the insurance company. This is very rare now and usually they require payment up front.

I would take you claim form with you just incase you need to make a claim.

I hope the sniffles will go quickly.

I dont know if your vet has seen them before but if not I would maintain that you know nothing of their history.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Sneezles again
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 22:44:48 PM »
Amber started sneezing today, so I think I'm going to be looking at a vets visit at the beginning of next week.

How does insurance work with vet visits, I've never had it before. Luckily they are just after their initial 'no claim' period.

Link to CatChat