Author Topic: Missing or not?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Missing or not?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »
that may be a good idea Ruth... give her company and something to 'mother'.  :)

I have had many cats come through the doors that have been spayed but as soon as they hear the cry of a kitten they will do anything to get past you to get at the little one to make sure they are OK.    It could just be that she is drawn to the little one.

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 11:35:29 AM »
Milly has had a litter before....I have 2 of the kits  :Luv:

My sis was contemplating getting another cat (not only for the reason mentioned) but for company for her  ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 11:29:07 AM »
It hasn't slowed down Esther's inclination to mother Smidgen at all.  :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 11:23:26 AM »
Cheers for that BC....that's what we thought but were unsure because she's been spayed..... :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 06:57:57 AM »
awwww she's fallen in love with the kitten and wants it to ome out and play with her  :Luv: spaying does not completely remove the maternal instincts, and may be she is just wanting a kitten to play with ...

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Missing or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 23:58:10 PM »
Have recently become aware of some weird behaviour from my sister's female spayed cat, well Milly is approx 2 and a half yrs old, quite a shy but loving cat and visiting my sis she was quite upset that Milly had been missing for four days....She had been hanging around a neighbours house that was only about 6 doors away...they have a small ginger kitten...

My nephew and I went to look for Milly and no sign of her   :( The next day we did the same and got the same result.... :sigh:

When my sis was at work that afternoon the lady who lived in the house with the kitten told her she had just seen Milly as her kitten got out the front door and Milly came from no-where to play!

Well to cut it short we found Milly on the 3rd attempt when she came running round a corner near the kitten house when we called her!

I am quite shocked that a cat will sit out for day's going hungry and feeling cold that is only a short distance from the house....any ideas what's happening?  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat