Author Topic: Sign to stop Romney House Rescue from being closed  (Read 5439 times)

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
Re: Sign to stop Romney House Rescue from being closed
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 17:10:31 PM »
signed ozzy narla and corys mam

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 10:17:23 AM »
Signed
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:01:02 AM »
Hopefully RH is getting more signatures than this from Purrs - it is a really pressing matter. I wonder if anyone can get some PR going for them to shame the council. If anyone remembers what happened when I spoke to CP HQ about the boy that was threatened with an ASBO for putting up posters for his missing cat - after their PR dept got onto it,  within 24hrs, the leader of Canterbury Council was on the BBC news backpedaling like mad  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 21:30:39 PM »
Signed

Romney House Cat Rescue has operated as a rescue centre since 1998, working with a number of animal welfare groups such as Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Cats Protection League and the RSPCA.

Since 2006 planning officials from Bromley Council visited the centre on a number of occasions after complaints the site had intensified its use, but after photographic evidence was compared and inspections carried out, the owners were told they did not require planning permission or material change of use. They were advised - and were preparing - to apply for a certificate of lawfulness to stop further problems.

A recent newspaper article in support of the centre mistakenly wrote that the centre has 150 cats in residency, instead of homing approximately 150 a year. The article was brought to the council's attention and Romney House was told they were no longer entitled to apply for the certificate of lawfulness and planning consent would need to be applied for. The paper wrote in support that the information they printed was incorrect and Romney House sent two invitations to planning officials to visit the centre. The next correspondence from the council was an enforcement of closure notice for early this approaching december!

The centre is self-funded and non-profit-making. It is in no financial position to enter into a legal battle with the Council through legal representation due to its financial circumstances. It has rescued, saved and nursed back to health many hundreds if not thousands of cats since 1998 and thousands of future cats would suffer should the centre be closed. Please sign this petition and pledge your support to keep Romney House Cat Rescue open and able to continue its life-saving work.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 21:17:50 PM »
Duly signed
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 21:02:43 PM »
Signed.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Sign to stop Romney House Rescue from being closed
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 20:55:16 PM »
By pen-pushers at Bromley Council

http://www.romneyhousecatrescue.org.uk/
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat