Author Topic: Please send an email to the University of Colorado about hideous experiments  (Read 5426 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
signed and posted on facebook ... to get more sigs.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
 :'(  :censored:  Signed

Offline henrietta

• Adult Cat
Success I got through this time.  Also put my name down for regular emails from Peta. 

Thank you.                       
                                 Henrietta

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Doesn't the online email in the link work?

It worked for me. I don't have an alternative - maybe there is something on the PETA site?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline henrietta

• Adult Cat
I didn't have any luck emailing the university.  All links failed to accept.  If you can give me an alternative contact I shall email them straight away.
How can they be so callous.
                                                             Henrietta

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Please send an email to the University of Colorado about hideous experiments
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 19:42:37 PM »
On cats - some  of which have not been anaesthetised properly - all the cats are killed at the end of the experiments  >:(

There is a video but I don't want to see it - reading about it is bad enough. I would like to get hold of these experimenters and give them a taste of their own medicine  >:(

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1397

"Please call on the president of the University of Colorado to immediately halt a cruel experiment on cats that is being performed by Moshe Solomonow. Solomonow cuts open cats' backs down to their spinal cords and attaches "S" hooks to their spinal ligaments. A machine then applies pressure in an effort to approximate what might happen if the cats were carrying heavy loads on their backs. Dr. Marius Maxwell, M.D., Ph.D., explains that "it makes no sense to use cats in studies designed to learn about human back issues. Solomonow's experiments are redundant and the applicability to humans is non-existent."
A whistleblower recently contacted PETA to express his concern that the cats were still conscious and able to feel pain because of improper anesthesia. Although the whistleblower contacted the university's animal use committee, the committee's only response was to recommend adding a second drug that does not have any anesthetic effects when pain is substantial"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 19:59:17 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat