Author Topic: NEUTERING LAW  (Read 11734 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: NEUTERING LAW
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 20:48:19 PM »
*Ahem* We have not forgot about you Shirley you know!  :innocent: :hug: :hug:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,27645.0.html

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 18:02:28 PM »
That's a good idea! I'm actually going to a CP open day in Birmingham on Saturday, but there's someone on Catchat who fosters for them-i'll have a word!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 17:33:31 PM »
you've got me thinking now, Shirley

I am a member of CP, and they stand to inherit a fair percentage of my money when I die, and I am asking myself why they do not seem to do more than just mop up after other people have abandoned or neglected their cats, and allowed unwanted kittens to be born

I think myself they should be playing a more active part in stopping irresponsible ownership - handing out neutering vouchers is all very well and good, but the kittens still keep coming

so I am wondering if they would sponsor any petition you get going, and get some clout behind it - have you been in contact with them?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 16:51:08 PM »
Thank you Henrietta! I shall be submitting another petition later, tho just to do with cats, and different wording. If you think it's been bad on here, you should look at Preloved!

Offline henrietta

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
I'm so sorry that you feel you must withdraw the petition Shirley but quite understand how the tone of things has got to you. I shall continue to sign
petitions but not make comments any more as I'm beginning to feel uncomfortable with the atmosphere. Good luck to you.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 22:47:03 PM »
'ETA ASSUMING YOU'RE THE SAME SHIRLEY'-you've lost me-i'm 56 tomorrow, too old for this! Plus i have a brain tumour and epilepsy so it doesn't  take too much to confuse me!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 22:52:27 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 21:57:43 PM »
PETITION WITHDRAWN TODAY

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 21:40:52 PM »
Millysmum-what do you mean by " Catchat is a bit spammy everywhere" ? I'm not good at computer speak

Posting the same thing over and over in topics that are not relevant to it is known as 'spamming'

eta assuming your the same shirley  :shy:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 22:32:37 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 21:35:53 PM »
It sometimes has something to do with loads of unwanted emails being sent also.... Mind you Im pretty tired myself (for once) so I am probably wrong!  :shocked:

Hope you feel better after a sleep.... Im sure its been a long day for you!  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 21:31:32 PM »
LOL bazsmum!

I'm in a lot of pain at the moment, so that doesn't help either-think i'll have an early night!

There's no pop ups, adverts on Catchat-is there?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 21:19:00 PM »
I think "spam" refers to pop-ups, adverts etc.....  ;)

Hope you dont feel down for too long Shirley....Your not allowed!  :rules: :care:

Do another one....go on I dare you!  :naughty: ;) I will sign it for sure....  :hug:

Watch em all now!  :heeee heeee: Have to say that I agreed on the doggie part and that's why I did'nt sign too, but I know that was not your idea originally for the petition!  ;D

Just so our Purrs members dont feel left out.... I will give em a whip!  :evillaugh:  :smack: :evil larf 2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 21:10:17 PM »
It's not this lot-more another site. At the moment i feel  a bit down (maybe it's my birthday approachin lol) and i can't get any oooomph! I probably will do another one, just for cats, but not until eveyone has agreed on the wording!

Millysmum-what do you mean by " Catchat is a bit spammy everywhere" ? I'm not good at computer speak

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 19:56:47 PM »
As i said in an earlier post, the petiton is being withdrawn.

Will a new one be drawn up Shirley?  :hug:

Take no notice of this lot.... You have to whip em back sometimes!  :evillaugh: ;)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 19:03:37 PM »
As i said in an earlier post, the petiton is being withdrawn.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 12:41:06 PM »
Il sign but i do find i get annoyed reading catchat, its a bit spammy everywhere  :shy:

Offline henrietta

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
I have signed because I think it is the responsible thing to do.  I have also signed a petition to bring back the dog licence.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
I don't know about the dog issue but you could also have added all chavs neutered at 12  :shify:

Here, here  :evillaugh:

Most people who dont bother to take their ill cats to the vets so.....how are we supposed to expect them to get them neutered?  :-: I'd say this should come in second and a law about back street breeding approached first  :shy:

Its these people that are causing the "mess"  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 07:20:30 AM »
I am trying to get this petition withdrawn and maybe submit a new one about cats only.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 16:42:18 PM »
The thing is, if it was law, there would have to be some kind of penalty for breaking the law. I think this would lead to cats and kittens being killed if people thought they were going to get caught. I think it is all about education - although this is like  :brick:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 16:07:36 PM »
Well would sign for cats but not for doggies - Our Sky was done at 18 months due to a heart murmer which thankfully now ok and Sunny will be done next month at 13 months

I was lucky both have showed no interest in girls but both love the boys the next door! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 15:39:23 PM »
I think that is the problem Mark, who would police it?? even animal cruelty isn't effectively policed

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 15:37:01 PM »
Signed but I can already see the response. Too expensive to police etc etc.  :(

I don't know about the dog issue but you could also have added all chavs neutered at 12  :shify:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 15:25:40 PM »
Thank you Shirley.

I was debating whether to admit I won't sign  :shy: it's an issue I think a lot about to be honest. I am actually torn. But Im pretty certain that any future dogs I have will not be done at 6 months. They would be done just a little later and I wouldn't want to be breaking the law  :evillaugh: whilst hearing about all the dogs who have no problem I keep hearing a fair share with issues which are attributed to being done too early.

It's a shame really to have to think about neutering such young animals purely because of the stupidity and naivity of certain members of the human race  :(

But I totally see where you are coming from!   

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 15:12:54 PM »
No problem Den. Originally it was going to be just cats but a few people mentioned dogs as well so they were added! I had my own dog (RIP Suzy ,a beautiful cross collie)) neutered before her first season, way back in 1980, and she lived until she was 12.1/2. Had to be pts because of throat cancer, but had no other health issues before that.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 15:06:02 PM »
I'm not going to sign it. I'm happy to be honest and explain why - feedback whether positive or negative is always good.

The petition covers both cats and dogs. If it was just cats I'd have no objections. There is a lot of evidence and studies done which shows that early neutering in dogs isn't such a good thing. There are increased behavioural issues, growth issues, increased cancer risks. So for me personally I do not believe in neutering dogs at 6 months. I would rather wait for maturity and growth plates to be closed. For giant breeds it's not recommended to neuter until 2 years of age. Whilst I would be happy to support mandatory neutering I would want the age raised from 6 months as I don't believe that's in the dogs best interest.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
NEUTERING LAW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 14:28:09 PM »
I have started a petiton today on Catchat. Please read, sign and pass on to any cat/dog lovers you know. Thank you!

Please sign the following petition and pass on to others

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Neuteringlaw/

Link to CatChat