Author Topic: Petition regarding animal medication  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Petition regarding animal medication
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 20:23:05 PM »
I will think on that one Roger, maybe after your petition has closed.

I do think its an imprtant thing though.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 15:18:37 PM »
Gill, you only have to ask for a prescription, and for the majority of meds, they would have to been seen at certain intervals to check that the meds are right anyway - and with flea and worm products, a weigh in is sufficient, and most vets offer those free anyway. I think the awareness of online meds is important, they really are so much cheaper, I have told 2 of the 3 people who have adopted from me this year, as they had both found us through the net. Vet Uk are offering a service to rescue's where they are given literature for customers, and can get 3% commission on what they buy, so hopefully that will help a lot.
Please spay your cat

fuzziesdad

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 15:13:42 PM »
I would prefer to see someone trying to get  a proper independent regulatory body for vets.

gill you could start a petition asking for this i'm one who would sign.
roger

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 00:22:53 AM »
I have a real problem with this .

One for the reason that Fuzzie gave and second cos I dont think getting a prescription is  easy and it doesnt necessarily save you money because the vets can then recoupe cost by insisting they see your animal each time they write one or by other means.

I dont know how you stop a vet doing this and I just see vet fees going up to compensate for losses.....they are so badly overcharging on drugs......if this keeeps the practice open, then they are going to get the money back from you another way.

I would prefer to see someone trying to get  a proper independent regulatory body for vets.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 23:57:45 PM »
signed
but I must say I would have prefered if it had been started by someone who was not going to profit from anything being done,I will also say that I buy from bestpet and also UK vet and they are cheap.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 22:23:17 PM »
Signed :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Petition regarding animal medication
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 22:14:17 PM »
UK Pet Owners are suffering a huge injustice…

You can help change that

You may have heard about the massive response the road charging petition had on the 10 Downing Street website.

John Darlington of Bestpet Pharmacy has created a petition to ask the Government to publicise to the 16 million UK pet owners that there is an alternative to buying their pets medicines or special foods from the vets.

Click the link sign the petition:  http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/healthypets/

Please sign the petition, only strength of numbers will help change things.

Background

As you may know, The DTI ruled in 2003 that vets had a monopoly on the sale of pet medicines. The law then changed to allow pharmacies to dispense veterinary medication. The purpose of that was to create competition in the market with the aim of reducing pet medication prices for members of the public. Huge savings can be made by UK Pet Owners, but the Government never publicised it. We believe that is wrong.

Only 1% of the 16 million UK Pet Owners with ill animals know they can slash their pet medicine costs by buying from pharmacies such as Bestpet Pharmacy. Animals are suffering because the owners cannot afford the treatments. Indeed some of our customers have told us if it were not for the savings we have helped them achieve they would have had to put their beloved pet to sleep.

Bestpet is the trading name of Farmpharm Limited - a registered pharmacy regulated by the
Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. Pharmacy Number: 1090929.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat