Author Topic: Has Milbemax changed recently?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Has Milbemax changed recently?
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 16:33:07 PM »
The leaflet does say one of the side effects for some cats is increased appetite - then again he has always loved his grub  :evillaugh:

I know I shouldn't feed pork but I ran out of chicken and so he had a whole pork medallion for his mid morning snack (with a forkekor hidden in a piece  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 16:27:21 PM »
Clapton has a good weight for crf cat, bless him

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 22:11:55 PM »
Well Kylie is 7kg and Clapton is about 5 1/2. Luckily Willow wouldn't take one  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 19:53:10 PM »
1/2 for a cat upto 4kg which an 'average' cat should weigh in at.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 19:16:51 PM »
1/2? - I gave them a whole one  :scared:

Anyway, Alice got a profender in the garden this afternoon and was purring as she thought I was scratching her neck  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 19:17:41 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 19:06:30 PM »
Half a milbemax slotted in a cube of raw steak and they dont notice. They should enjoy it if they are hunters

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
I do worm them regularly but they do hunt, had a mouse in the dining room this morning, but I'd be more inclined to use the stop on I think so I'll give it a try next time

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 11:21:05 AM »
I guess the profender works fine but if they actually have an infestation, a pills deals with it more directly?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »
yes that's it, bit disappointing that the tabs work better, getting a tablet into Tilly brings out all her asian leopard cat genes unfortunately and I dread it everytime

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
I have got some - is it Profender?

I got some a while back ready for the next worming. When I phoned the vet on Sunday when there was blood inKylie's poo, they told me to worm her and see how she went. I told them I had profender and they said to give her a tablet as they are more effective  :Crazy: - I was a bit peed off as I assumed they were as good. I suppose she meant they will get to the gut quicker?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »
going slightly off topic (there's a surprise!) has anyone tried the bayer spot on for worms, I hate wrestling at worming time

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
Alice didn't take hers either  :tired: - luckily I did it just in time (almost)

I gave Clapton his with food about 5pm yesterday. Around 8pm, Clapton dragged his backside across the sofa like a dog - typical cat, rather than do it on the throw, he did it on the only bit that wasn't covered  :sick: - maybe he likes the feel of velvet?  :evillaugh: - Hopefully a spray of "Bugs Away" is good enough.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »
Yes there is....They said it had been 100% up until you getting them....Willow has yet again "made her mark!"  :heeee heeee: ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »
No point really  :tired:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:48:47 AM »
I have a couple of cats like that.....wont touch biccies or anything that is not of a wet food consistancy....Hope you phoned the vets and told them?  :tired:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
As I thought. The beef flavour is a coating. I put one in Willow's food but she ate round it. 1/2 hour later, the coating was peeling off exposing a white tablet  :tired:

Oh well - luckily I have some Profender for her  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 17:29:04 PM »
Well Kylie thought so, she sniffed it, licked it a few times before eating it  :) - I don't know how new they are. I will try Clapton, Alice and Willow in a bit but I think I will have to give Willow profender.

Just checked and it really is a new formulation - I guess some places will still be selling old stock first. It is called "Milbemax Tasty"

http://www.vetclick.com/news/view_article.php?ArticleId=418
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 17:31:34 PM by Mark »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 17:20:23 PM »
Well are they "tasty"?

If so , I hope they start stocking them round here!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Has Milbemax changed recently?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 17:15:05 PM »
I bought some today as Kylie has very bloody poo  :( - the vet advised worming and seeing how she goes. I told them I had spot-on wormers but they said tablets are much more effective (wish they had told me when I bought them  >:( ). Anyway, I asked for pocket tabs but they don't sell them. She said the new ones are called "Milbemax tasty" and she guaranteed that Kylie would take it - she said she hasn't heard of a single cat that has refused and wanted me to phone her if Kylie won't take it. I pointed out that she hasn't met Willow and I will guarantee she won't take it  :tired: - as Willow won't eat treats, I think it is highly unlikely.

Link to CatChat