Author Topic: The difference a year makes!  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Déborah

• Adult Cat
Re: The difference a year makes!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »
I feel exactly the same. I first came on CC about a month before I got Mia, and I learned so much about looking after a kitten! Like Helen, I had cats as a child. My parents got them when I was 5-6 so I didn't remember much about them as kittens! I've learned so much about cats in general, and got great, useful answers about specific questions I had about Mia, as well as enormous support and reassurance (I'm a worrier!). That's the one amazing thing about this site, you really feel that people are there for you and they genuinely care about you and your cats!  :Luv:

Déborah xx

PS I'm in France right now and my parents' cat is the cuddliest clingiest cat I have ever met! He's clealry got a crush on me, and I can't sit down 5 seconds with him ending up on my lap    :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »
I too have to echo all that's been said here.......very interesting and well informed site ;)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »

Yes, this year the rules have changed (although my rules were like the new rules anyway) and Branches can give vouchers to anyone if it means having their cat 'done'. Branches can also pay the full cost if necessary with new Yellow vouchers. Very recently I have issued vouchers for as much as £70.50.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 19:33:42 PM »
I too have learnt so much and of course it is great to know that there is somewhere to go that will help you with any new questions/problems.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 19:00:01 PM »
I have enjoyed reading this thread, it is wonderful to know that so many people have learnt things and used that to help other cats. I cringe when I remember some of the things I used to do before forums (followed neighbours example - 25 years of cat experience, as it was when I first got mine, really doesn't always mean anything!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 17:52:49 PM »
Me too Dawn (learnt so much that is !) I had Tiggy since I was 10 so thought I was pretty clued up about cats, I guess I was clued up when it came to Tiggy but I've learnt so much more from CC/Purrs about cats in general. I've turned into a bit of a preacher at work too  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 17:21:40 PM »
Tell her that CP will take their own cats back.
She sounds like the ads i see that say"i have a cat will swap for what you have"  :censored:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 21:14:17 PM by Millys Mum »

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 16:42:14 PM »
Yeah I feel my views have changed from using this site too Dawn.  ;D

And with kids and cats, you can have both I will soon have 2 kids and 4 cats.  :)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
The difference a year makes!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 16:36:32 PM »
I was just thinking of three occasions recently where I have heard a cat situation which due to what I have learnt on here/CC, I have had a completely different outlook on than I would have a year ago.

Recently my landlady came round and said her daughters cat was due kittens, any day now. previously I would have said "ohhh lovely... etc" instead I gave her a bit of a grilling (trying to be conversational and not too   :no no:) I asked whether it was planned, If they had homes for the kittens (she said no, they'd probably just give them to a rescue  :( ) said that she should think about getting them spayed and when she told me her daughter doesnt have much money I gave them info on the CP voucher (although, she drives a Merc and her hubby a BMW so I am sure they would cover it)

Another story is a girl in work who always talks about the animals she has inherited due to her sister getting bored of them (hamster and a bird) asking me if I knew where she could get a kitten from. I said "its not the sister who gets bored of the animals is it?" and she said "oh, no its the other one. She used to have a cat but she lives on a busy road and it got run over"  >:( I told her that her sister should get a home check and they would say she could only have an indoor cat. She later told me (about a month ago) her sis got an indoor cat from CP - already I have heard that she says to the girl in work every time she goes round "heres your new mummy" cause she is already bored of it. The sister doesnt even have a permanent address and wants to get rid now she is moving - dont think the poor cat is thought of as a family member much. People in work were jokingly saying i would take it, which made me annoyed as if to say that animals can just be passed around.

Related to the above, the girl was saying she might take the cat but her OH doesnt like them. A woman in work was then telling her, dont get a cat if you are planning to have a child - which started off a big debate - me and another animal lover were wondering why on earth you couldnt have both, and then saying we would rather have the cat!!

Sorry to go on and on I just thought to myself how my attitude towards these situations is completely different now as I am so much more educated from being on here. I dont suppose theres much point to this, I was just thinking that its a good thing that we have purrs to come and talk about these things, because i am sure I'm not the only one who really feels like they've learnt alot through chatting on here  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Link to CatChat