Author Topic: Milk addict!!  (Read 2000 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Milk addict!!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 15:19:33 PM »
The cats that like milk in cereal bowls reminded me of my bruvs cats. They have 2 and spent all christmas telling me these cats didnt eat human food...in fact they left the turkey out uncovered which horrified me!
Anyway a short time later they told me that one morning whilst getting ready for work they'd heard a terrible noise in the kitchen. Went in and there was Jazz with a spoon attached to the magnet on her collar....so they never touch human food but drink the milk from the cereal bowls  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

On the same thing Amber likes milk and I only found out when I came back into the room where Id left my glass of milk to find her head in it and I never found out if that was the first time or if we'd 'shared' milk for ages  :sick:

love
Tab

Offline catzluva71

• Adult Cat
  • Bo
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 15:01:37 PM »
Bo loves the milk in the cereal bowl too, he has to have some every morning and if i forget, he sticks his paw in the bowl :innocent:
Home is where your cat is :)

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 13:22:39 PM »
Ted will eat anything, he eats lasagna so I call him Garfield. lol.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »
One of our cats has a very strange thing about milk. Now I know that milk is bad for cats but he seems to be able to tolerate it in small quantities and as he is 16 I do take the view that he should have a little of things he likes but anyway...

When he came to us 18 months ago he didn't seem to know about milk but he tried a bit out of the bottom of my cereal bowl on the desk and developed the most huge love for it. He recognises the milk bottle coming out of the fridge and although normally a quiet, passive cat, he will yowl until he gets it! If I don't give him a little bit in the morning and evening then he will actually sit under the fridge and wait all day until I do! Does anyone else have a cat with an obsession?!

:rofl: My wee kitty Charlie loves whiskas kitten milk, we got a free sample a month ago and ever since he has become addicted. He sits at the fridge after his breakfast and dinner until I get up and give him a some. He only goes through a bottle every 5/6 days though, which is not too bad  :)

My other cat Tom - he loves cat nip spray hahha and Tilly loves whiskas temptations treats too  ;D

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 12:02:48 PM »
Mogs isnt particulary friendly to my parents as they have dogs but when my flat was being done up she came out everytime they came round because my Dad had bought prawn sandwiches once and she LOVES prawns. So it became a habit he kept buying prawns and she kept coming out. When the flat was finished so did the prawns and now she wont come out again  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »
Kiki doesn't really bother about any human food (goes mad for whiskas temptation though)

Whereas Nina knows the sound of an opening packet of ham/chicken and is straight over! She also likes a tiny bit of cereal milk in the bottom of the bowl, she tried to eat popcorn once as well!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
Maxy boy loves all things dairy, cheese being his favourite, but very partial to a bit of milk as well.  I usually give him cat milk, but sometimes he does get to lick the bottom of the cereal bowl if he's been a good boy  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »
Yes my Ollie is a milk lover, he follows me around the kitchen when I have milk scratching at tops and crying untill I give him some.  :shy:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »
oh blesss him!!!!
mine LOVES chocolate and chocolate cornettos and prawn crackers.  he recognises the cone shape and will all but sit on my head to get some and always gets in the way of cornetto to mouth!!!  he also knows the rustling of a prawn cracker bag and again will be all over you.  he's not a huge meower but does the little kitten eyes that burn right through you if you dare not give in!!!!!
oh he's so scrummy!!!!!!!!!!!   :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:20:26 AM »
hee hee thats so sweet!!  :Luv:
One of my cats has an obsession with cheese. as soon as i get the cheese grater out she comes running from wherever she is, gets on the fridge, and hangs over it so she is almost toppling off meoawing loudly til i give her some grated bits

Offline Paws

• Adult Cat
Milk addict!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »
One of our cats has a very strange thing about milk. Now I know that milk is bad for cats but he seems to be able to tolerate it in small quantities and as he is 16 I do take the view that he should have a little of things he likes but anyway...

When he came to us 18 months ago he didn't seem to know about milk but he tried a bit out of the bottom of my cereal bowl on the desk and developed the most huge love for it. He recognises the milk bottle coming out of the fridge and although normally a quiet, passive cat, he will yowl until he gets it! If I don't give him a little bit in the morning and evening then he will actually sit under the fridge and wait all day until I do! Does anyone else have a cat with an obsession?!

Link to CatChat