Author Topic: So much for an early night!  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
Re: So much for an early night!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 21:46:30 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Good one Iain!

Offline IainMcT

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 22:42:50 PM »
I don't think the field mouse shrieked for effect. I reckon he was  :censored: his pants.

Edited by moderator
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 22:46:03 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 20:52:24 PM »
Thanks, pleased there are no new mice today  ;D

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 16:26:26 PM »
Glad it cheered you up a bit Gill, hope you're ok. Sending you a hug from us all (no extra mice today!) - :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 22:13:59 PM »
Thanks for that story, was feeling a bit down and it made me smile  ;D

So pleased you saved the mousie.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 00:27:27 AM »
crikey!!!  faun and games indeed!!!  :Crazy:

a RAT (!!!!) ran in front of my mum when she was coming in through the garden today.  i tell you, if jasper finds that one all hell will brake loose!!!!  yuk!!

glad you saved the silly little mousey  :)

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
So much for an early night!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 00:06:23 AM »
Well, I'd switched off the computer, put the spare cat in here to bed, and gone to watch a bit of telly with the rest of the gang before heading for bed.......................

When all of a sudden - there was a stange noise from the dog room. You just know when the cats have got something don't you?!!!! Me and the 3 dogs legged it in to find Buffy searching desperately around one of the dog beds, and Bobby trying to swipe her. I chucked the dogs out behind the childgate and joined in the search.......kind of expecting a frog as the rain always brings them out and I've had a couple of suicidal ones who've found their way into the cat run only to be proudly presented to us all by Buffy. No frog. Got the blanket off the dog bed, shook it out, nothing, picked up the dog bed, shook it out, nothing. Moved the dog towel off the radiator, still no. Buffy still searching! Finally, as she gave up and went back out of the catflap, I picked up the blanket again and out pops a little field mouse! Had to shriek for effect!  :evillaugh: The little mite legged it behind the big dog cage, so I fought my way through the dogs and got a tupperware container from the kitchen. Shut everyone out of the dog room and started moving all sorts of junk (multiple dog duvets, etc etc) so I could pull the cage out. Managed to catch mousie, in the container, and had a good look, no signs of injury (he even sat and washed his face!) so put him back outside and wished him well. Put everything back in it's place - Buffy has come back in and is still looking!

So now everyone, including me, is up a height and sleep will be a long way off. I wish these suicidal creatures would stay away from the cat run, I'd put signs up if I thought it would help! And it's only tonight I was telling my disapproving mother about the mouse I'd seen making a new home at the bottom of the garden under the stones.........never thought they'd be moving in! This was a different mouse though, much smaller. I hope he has learned his lesson and tells his friends.

Then to top it all off, in stress or excitement or just plain naughtiness, Bobby went into the kitchen and peed on the dog towels that were on the floor waiting to find their way into the washing machine. Fab. However it has speeded up the process as they are in the right place now!!!!! Cheers Bob.  :Crazy:

So there ends my dramatic tale......cheered me up no end as it's been one of those miserable days!  :rofl:

Night all. Had to share with someone!  :thanks:

xxx

Link to CatChat