Author Topic: Not again....  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Re: Not again....
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 16:14:59 PM »
Has anyone had recent experience with the RSPCA, since the passing of the new legislation?
I'd be interested to know as well.

I know you said you had no time to go to the vet so would you like me to take him for you. (althought I appreciate time for you may also be precious). If they decline your offer you could say  the law changed in April and now everyone has more of a responsibility to ensure their pet get vet treatment as and when necessary.
I'd willingly take him to the vet for them, but I want them to take the responsibility this time (and if I do it I know from past experience they won't offer to pay!). 
I'll lay it on a bit thicker next time I see her - if I mention the RSPCA I know she'll go mad and probably take him as she worries what the other neigbours might think.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 07:50:01 AM »
"oooh, not great he needs to go to the vet but it's so difficult finding the time"   I pointed out that sometimes we just have to make the time.....

Is it possible that you could say something like Oh! I saw Moomin yesterday and he does look thin doesnlt he?  I know you said you had no time to go to the vet so would you like me to take him for you. (althought I appreciate time for you may also be precious). If they decline your offer you could say  the law changed in April and now everyone has more of a responsibility to ensure their pet get vet treatment as and when necessary. Also as it is a new law the RSPCA (lie if necessary) are taking it very seriously.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 07:24:26 AM »
Has anyone had recent experience with the RSPCA, since the passing of the new legislation? I wonder if they would be helpful in cases like this and scare the  :censored: out of irresponsible owners, without taking the cat (we all know what happens after that!). Perhaps such authoritative figures would have more effect than a friendly neighbour?

Just a thought.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 18:57:14 PM »
I hate that excuse - my neighbour used the excuse of money for ages with her cat that the rescue said needed a dental - she had 3 hols in that time though!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 17:55:28 PM »
Good news Baggy, hopefully this will focus their minds on what Moomin needs.  Keep us posted  ;D

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 15:33:28 PM »
Bumped into Moomin's owners yesterday. After a bit of small talk I asked how he was doing - "oooh, not great he needs to go to the vet but it's so difficult finding the time"  :Crazy: I pointed out that sometimes we just have to make the time.....

So, at least they are aware there is a problem and hopefully he will get to the vet soon. 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »
Moomin and of course The Proot are lucky to have such caring neighbours as you Baggy, hope you can talk some sense into them  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
Keep us posted, Baggy.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 08:04:32 AM »
He's called Moomin.

I had never heard that name until earlier this week when I posted one of the fosterers cats on my site. In fact a near miracle happened last night 3 cats were chosen. The people who will adopt Moomin age approx 6 initially came to see a cat Stella age 6 and will have both. Then a 2 yr old was chosen by someone else.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »
Fingers crossed you can talk some sense into them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 22:36:11 PM »
Good luck  :hug:

He sounds like he was hungry and I wonder if they feeding  him OK.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 22:33:21 PM »
He's called Moomin.

I think they just put problems down to old age.

Suppose they might be treating him, but he's definitely behaving oddly.  I'll find out when I can face it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 22:34:14 PM by Baggy »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 22:26:28 PM »
Oh poor cat, whats his name?

Those peeps do not qualify as flaming owners grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :'(

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Not again....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 22:07:31 PM »
Left the back door open yesterday morning so Dinah could have 10 minutes in the garden while I was getting ready.

I came downstairs to find the Proot's brother (he is our neighbour's cat) had sneaked into the house and was wolfing her food down as if it were going out of fashion.  He legged it, but I coaxed him back and let him finish it off.

He's lost so much weight  :( He's also a very timid cat so to go into another house looking for food he must be desperate.  His coat looked in poor condition too.  I suspect he has a thyroid problem.

I can't believe that after all that happened with the Proot his owners seem to be letting exactly the same thing happen to their other cat.  Surely they *must* notice he's got similar symptoms?

We're going to have to go and see them and ask if they've noticed he's behaving oddly....

(Sorry, I know a lot of you don't know the Proot's story - he adopted us but he was our neighbour's cat to start with - his story is in the Purr's Bridge Celebration section if ayone is interested http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4130.0)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 22:16:55 PM by Baggy »

Link to CatChat