Author Topic: what colour are these kittens  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
Re: what colour are these kittens
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 19:34:12 PM »
im not sure were elllesmere port is

It's just over the River Mersey from Liverpool, just north of Chester on the Wirral.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 19:19:45 PM »
karen ill check out the websites thankyou so much for all your help thats really kind of you

susanne im not sure were elllesmere port is but ian is back tomorr so will ask him i am going to go to the supreme this yr i missed it last yr

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 23:33:00 PM »
I was at the manchester show too and sure there were raggies, although maybe I'm having a senior moment and getting them confused with the birmans.  I'm also probably going to the ellesmere port show so let me know if you're going and we can meet up.

Offline ChinaBlue

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 23:22:25 PM »
Hi

There is a show on 2nd June at Ellesmere Port (Merseyside Cat Show) also one at Kendal on 16th June (Lakeland & District Cat Club) and I am sure there will be a decent turn out of Raggies at both of those.  There is also a show I think in September/October at The Dome in Doncaster.

A good breeder in the South Yorkshire area is Janet Edwards website http://doromas.moonfruit.com or Lorraine Swain at http://www.ragamews.co.uk.  You could also try Anne Bradley at http://www.onyxragdolls.co.uk.  You could always ask to visit the breeder in advance of any kittens they may have - just to see the cats and the household as such. 

If you want to see Raggies in the fur so to speak you would be welcome to visit us at some point (I have six adults!) even if you are not after a kitten yet or you want to get a kitten from someone closer to you - we don't mind.  We are more than happy to chat about the breed and answer any questions.

Karen

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 22:53:26 PM »
oh thankyou whitty

i will show ianthat on fri cause i think it is within desent distance anyway i can take the girls and make a day of it

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 22:03:26 PM »
Sasha, shame you didn't see any Raggies in Manchester. If this isn't too far for you, why not go to the PRBCC show in July - it's nothing but Raggies (and household pets of course!). I'm sure you'd find the show informative.

Website URL is: http://www.prbcc.co.uk/

The club has kitten list details and a list of breeders etc.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 21:36:59 PM »
We only have the one she is the Clan Cats posh totty she is a chocalte Seale point = she looks like a frothy cappaucino with bitter choccie ears and tail and she is teh blonde of the family to and although she looks like a raggie she has inherited or learnt some normal and feral manners and can only be picked up by me as she shreds poor Robin when she is in the mood, still after 4 homes in her first 2 years she is here for the long haul

Good luck they are wonderful but a rescue is an option for us as we are the ones who do all the ahrd luck stories - currently 36 of them! :Luv:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 20:50:54 PM »
hello chinablue , i have moomin 2 yr d/s tabby  who is allowed to go out  cause she refuses to stay in  >:(who i got free to good home as she was the only kitten alive from a strays litter
i also have mango persian age 1 and want anther indoor only cat, i was going to get anouther persian as i love them to bits but she is suffering from ongoing illness we now think might be asthma we are still awaiting lung wash swabs  :(
the only other cat i wish to own is a ragdoll seal  colourpoint your pictures are adorable

i am looking to get our kitten at the end of the summer , still got som saving up to do and want to get a outdoor run for the kitten and mango also we have only been in our new house for 4 wk and although we have finished the house referb we are on with the garden at the mo .

If you could help me find a good breeder that would be excellent ,i got a crap one wi mango and apid a fortune for her ( bless her )
i was not going to purchase one of the kittens in the pic as they are too far away and it was not a proper breeder i just wanted to know what colour they were and what the difference between seal and colourpoint was

i wento the manchester cat show to see if i could find a ragdoll to look at in real llife and meet breeder but there were none there  :(

I live in Barnsley , South Yorkshire

Offline ChinaBlue

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 17:56:38 PM »
Lol Ann - I waited almost 9 years before I got my first.

Don't forget if you can't have a kitten there are always the rehomes!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 17:42:14 PM »
Widget and Toe are extremely cute - I love Ragdolls and would love to be owned by one someday, I can but dream  :Luv:

Offline ChinaBlue

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 22:56:52 PM »
Those are seal colourpoints I would say but I note they are from their last litter not the current ones!   Also doesn't say they will be registered - only that their parents are and you should ascertain whether the breeders are registered too.

This is Widget who is a seal colourpoint (10 weeks old tomorrow)

Below is Toe - who is a seal mitted.

Hope this helps.  If you want any help finding a Raggie kitten I would be happy to try to help.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:40:56 PM »
Those are colourpoint ragdolls - most likey seal as their ears are quite dark. Though with colourpointed cats, it is difficult to say for certain what colour they really are until they are three to four months old or so.

The other patterns of ragdolls are mitted (white feet like Birmans) and bicolour where the cat has white on its face, tum and feet.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 11:31:33 AM »
i dont know, but theyre really cute  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:27:17 AM »
i'd have said sealpoint but its not really something i'm well "jenned" up on.

the best thing would be to email and ask,.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:42:21 AM »
Hard to say from that photo due to the lighting but I'd guess seal point.  The points in colourpoint cats tend to darken as they age (they are born all white) and that colour looks fairly dark to me even in young kittens but it could be chocolate.  I think mitted is patterned in some way - not exactly sure but I don't think the points are a single, solid colour.  Or maybe it's just the white feed in addition to the colourpoints - not entirely sure. As Desley says - colourpoint just refers to the pattern of points - over here we call pointed persians colourpoints (GCCF does at least) while in the US they are referred to as himalayans.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:41:22 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:18:10 AM »
Not sure to be honest with you - but seal point and colourpoint are similar things - the colour points are seal, chocolate, lilac, blue and a few others. Dont think you could tell if they are mitted from that kind of pic. Defo too light for lilac and blue points, I think seal is the darkest point, and their faces do look quite dark
Please spay your cat

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
what colour are these kittens
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 22:19:59 PM »
http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031161984/6d8316a7.html

can someone look at this ad and tell me what colour these ragdolls are call cause this is the colour that i was
i get confused with sealpoint , mitted and colourpoint

but this is the colour and markings i want
please help

Link to CatChat