Author Topic: Cat survives 35 days in boat crate  (Read 1232 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: Cat survives 35 days in boat crate
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:49 AM »
awww hope is lovely ela  :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »
We took a cat on who was found in Felixstowe. Hope was  found in an appalling condition  after travelling from Taiwan  for  6 weeks in a sealed container with bicycle parts. it took her many weeks  to  win  her  battle  for  life.  Hope  has an opaque eye and malformed foot and is a feral. In view of this she will spend  her life on her foster mums farm.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:20:37 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 22:39:46 PM »
No its in the right place

I am amazed it survived but wonderful it did. Hope it has not suffered any long term damage.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Cat survives 35 days in boat crate
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 22:27:22 PM »
this just caught my eye on msn- not sure if it should be in health???
i thought it was really really bad for them to go without food for more than a day? and why would a cat "chew" its way into a crate of motorcycle helmets?? im so very confused :Crazy:  but im very glad it survived and has a home lined up

http://news.uk.msn.com/trapped_cat.aspx

Cat survives 35 days in boat crate
A cat trapped in a cargo crate without food or water has survived a 35-day sea voyage from China to the US.

The owner of a North Carolina shop was astonished to find the animal, weak but still alive, when he took delivery of a batch of motorcycle helmets.

It is believed the cat, now named China, chewed its way into a box which was then loaded into a crate on a ship that left Shanghai at the beginning of April.

A local vet suggested cats coped well with shortages of food and water.

"Usually we say that animals can only survive a few weeks without food and only a few days without water," said Raleigh veterinarian Michelle Misavage.

"The theory is that cats have such good kidneys their bodies adjust to the lack of water and somehow they received small amounts of moisture from condensation."

Eric Congdon, owner of Olympia Moto Sports, said he and a colleague called animal services when they discovered the frightened animal.

Another colleague plans to adopt the cat, but it must first satisfy the state's strict laws on animals. It must be vaccinated and quarantined for six months.

Link to CatChat