Author Topic: Pregnant Cat  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Pregnant Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 20:19:25 PM »
I hope Freda will have only a few kittens and everything goes well  ;D ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 14:16:46 PM »
Thanks Gill, you're a star  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 13:07:11 PM »
Here is the link http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=2427.0 and if you need help we have experts like diddydawn and teresa of Paws Inn  plus vet nurses Lynn and Amanda4moggies and loads of others.

So post any questions and I am sure you will get loads of help  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 13:08:50 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.  I'll hopefully bump into them over the weekend as we're both trying to sort our gardens out, so better chance for conversations over the fence lol  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »
Clare - your neighbour needs to keep her in now ideally, and until she is spayed after the babies are old enough. She also needs to make sure she is flead and wormed with safe products from teh vets, not all can be used during pregnancy. Also, the vet should be able to give a rough due date, and for a couple of weeks before, she needs to be on kitten food (not too early, as then they can put too much weight on and struggle), and then kitten food after. Good luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 06:45:24 AM »
Sorry, have searched for when her story started but can't find it in the health and behaviour or the general cat chat. Perhaps the mods could help.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:20:28 AM »
Maybe the karenjet thread would help? I'll try to find it and post a link.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 13:20:37 PM »
That's great, thanks Susanne.

I'm not sure how far gone she is to be honest.  When I saw her the other day I didn't notice her looking big, but when I gave her tummy a tickle I felt her nipples were protruding a bit more than they used to (this is before I knew for sure that she was pregnant), but when she lies down you can see a bulge to the side, and apparently you can also see the kittens moving!  She is a tiny little thing, so I hope she won't have any problems giving birth.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
Oh dear :(  I don't suppose she'd go for a spay/abort given that she wants her to have kittens.  I don't have any experience with pregnant cats or kittens myself but another forum I go on has a sticky thread with some advice about labour and birth that might be useful for you to print off and give her.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724

It would be worth emphasizing how important it is to keep her in after the kittens are born as they can get pregnant again very soon after giving birth.  Do you know how far along she is?

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Pregnant Cat
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
Some of you may recall I was cat-sitting for my neighbour a few weeks ago, and I had in my mind that she may not have been spayed.

Well, my concerns were right, and the poor little love is pregnant.  Her owner wanted her to have one litter before she was 'done'. 

Its only recently that I've got to know her well enough to talk about things like this (won't go into detail but had various noise complaints  in the past so weren't on the bestest of terms lol).  I'm kicking myself that I didn't bite the bullet though and confront her about it at the time  :doh: but I can't change that, so not going to dwell on it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good previous threads detailing how long before the birth the female should be kept in, any dietary requirements etc.  I may not have been able to do anything before, but I'm certainly going to try and make sure that she does everything correctly for both Freda and the kitties when they are born.  I'll print off all the information and give it to her so she has it all handy.

I also said that she should get her tested for FIV after the kits are born, as she does not know who the father is, but said she had seen 2 unknown males hanging around  >:(

Any advice I can pass on greatly appreciated.

Link to CatChat