Author Topic: Hills senior dry food is 20% fat!  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Hills senior dry food is 20% fat!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »
I thought Senior had lower fat (just looking round to see where the Perfect Fit senior is!!), the girls have a mix of JWB adult and senior now, as both are on the thinner side, so dont need senior from that aspect, but as they are 13 and 14, I like them to have senior. Perfect Fit doesn't have a fat content.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 17:38:35 PM »
Kylie is ojn JWB senior light/ PAH light and Tecni-cal weight control at the moment but she tolerates them. She used to enjoy her Hills Light (maybe a bit too much  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 17:34:31 PM »
Lexy started her life with me on Hills Oral, but after a few months I took her off that as she put on weight. Discovered it was high in fat.

Moved her to JWB Senior/Light (she's on 4) but its a mix for senior or indoor/less active cats.

I tend to stick to low fat for her, but found most senior foods to be higher in fat and since she only gets a lunatic spurt for 30 seconds each mornign at 4am I figure she needs the lower fat!!  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 17:34:27 PM »
Thanks - pretty much the same as light - maybe it's the same stuff in bigger kibbles? - or different protein/carb ratio? - I will look into it. I had kylie on Hills indoor for about a year when she 1st started get big so maybe its not a good idea.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 17:24:08 PM »
I meant to see what % the indoor is as it may be more palatable than light

8.2%
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 16:36:34 PM »
That makes sense  ;D

I meant to see what % the indoor is as it may be more palatable than light - although kylie seems quite happy eating the light.

I may try willow on it as she is 8 and tiny. She doesn't eat much (never has) but runs around like a lunatic.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 16:37:58 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 16:24:47 PM »
Oops! Kylie will be  :P at your diet plans  :rofl:
Oldies are normally less active but they dont tend to hold their weight as well, also many have smaller appetites so a small portion of higer fat would help them.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Hills senior dry food is 20% fat!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 16:20:57 PM »
I was comparing the different foods in there today. the regular is 14%, the light is 8% but the senior is nearly 21% fat!. I assumed senior diets would be lower fat due to cats being less active. They do sell a senior/light but only in small bags.

I bought kylie a bag of senior recently thinking it would help her diet  >:(

Link to CatChat