Author Topic: Moving House - We got the house so how do we move!!!  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Moving House - We got the house so how do we move!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 16:22:20 PM »
Hope you've got a sit down mower to do the lawn!!!
Guinea pigs do the same job  ;)

The garden looks fab, they will love it! I would keep in at least month and let out on a day your off work so you can keep the door open. And do it on an empty stomach! (the cats not you lol)

I would shut in the one room overnight if theyl stay if not then let them look at their own pace. All depends on their characters really, i know my lot would vanish and not be found again!
Most important is you keep the windows shut.

Are they chipped? I would reccommend you get them done if not. If they are, dont forget to update your address with the chip company! Nothing more annoying then a lost cat with chip whose owners have moved  :(

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 14:18:51 PM »
So pleased that you got the house!!  We'll be neighbours (well kind of!) - will have to have a drink in The Ship which I think is right opposite you!!  Love the garden and the open plan kitchen - fab - bet you can't wait!!!  I'm sure Missy and Pickles will be fine - and they'll be be in cat heaven running around that garden!!  Hope you've got a sit down mower to do the lawn!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
id keep the door closed for a couple of hours, then spend some time with them, then leave the room door open.....their gonna be abit nervy for a while till they'v checked the place out, but all should be fine......ps if your cats arnt the run-away-scaredy type then after a couple of weeks indoors, i cant c any harm in giving them supervised visits in the garden x

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »
That was taken halfway down the garden - its 300ft! They are going to love playing in it.

That is just the kitchen - we have a lounge as well!

Should i close the door when i put them into a room or should i leave the door open and let them explore?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 10:11:31 AM »
oops sorry living room  :-[

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »
What a lovely kitchen......and the garden is fab x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:08:40 AM »
Firstly when you bring the kits from your mums id put them in a quiet room with litter tray, food/water ect.....then once they feel up to it they will start exploring the house for themselves :)

Ditto on keeping them in for a while!

Just watch the carpet on otherside of your bedroom door as they can start  ripping it up trying to get the door open!

Good luck with your move x

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »
They are going to want to go out - it has a massive enclosed garden but the house is a LOT bigger so they will have more room to run around so may not want to go out so much.....

Here is the kitchen and garden....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 09:59:57 AM »
Well done Becks!  I would say 4 weeks or more depending on how hungry they are for the outdoors.  Its great that you are moving though, you needed it!

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
Moving House - We got the house so how do we move!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:52:08 AM »
Hey everyone - well the oh and i have got the house we wanted and we are moving in on the 12th May - Im so excited!!

The plan is that im going to take Missy and Pickle over to my mum with food and litter tray etc on friday after work and they will stay there until the saturday after we have moved in. Then i will go and get them - that way they are out of the stress of loading the van up and stuff.

How long do i keep them in the house for? is it three weeks or 4? Any other general tips on moving and making it easier for them when we get there as i have never moved with cats before!!

Im looking forward to having a house with a bedroom door though so i can shut them out every now and again and have our windows wide open - especially with this summer looking to be really hot!!

xx

Link to CatChat