Author Topic: Baby slings to carry tiny kittens around!!  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Baby slings to carry tiny kittens around!!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 16:36:28 PM »
Purrl - sorry you've had a fraught week, but glad you found a solution for your little lad - he's gorgeous by the way - not surprised you can't keep your hands off him!   :hug:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 16:22:08 PM »
he's just gorgeous  :Luv:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
Hi Guys. Sorry it has taken me a while to reply to your advice. Been a funny week. Had to have a new boiler, the cars suspension went, the dishwasher leaked all over the floor... all happens at once... & of course nursing my little baby!
He does need comfort but am only too willing & happy to give it. I bought a proper 'baby' fleece with hood in it & made it into a safe sling so I can carry him around & seems quite happy there. He is playing more now so I know he is adapting slowly. He sleeps with my on my face/under my arm/under my chin. This is sheer bliss & extasy!

Ellie, he is a Bengal Snow Leopard. Not quite decided his name yet but Bengi seems apropriate.

Thanks Linda for your kind personal offer of advice. I will PM you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 19:40:08 PM »
Ahhhh he is gorgeous but I agree with Linda ... he's a bit too young to be on his own poor baby.

Sounds like he is getting lots of love and cuddles from you and I would take Linda up on her offer on advice about Bengly's (she's our resident "expert" )
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 18:40:09 PM »
awwwwwww he is gorgeous :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »
oh he's sooooooo cute!!!!  i'd want to cuddle him all day long too  :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 08:17:22 AM »
He is absolutely gorgeous :)

:Luv:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 22:01:27 PM »
Hi Sue

Awwww he is gorgeous and so tiny and his colour is stunning :Luv: :Luv: I want I want  :evillaugh:

Was he the only one in the litter that the Mum didn't want, bless him. Is he a rescue?

Nosey ain't I  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Also what's his name? or have I missed it  :Crazy: Attention span of a goldfish at the moment  :sneaky:

Sneakie get the red currant out we have a mission  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 19:25:54 PM »
Perkins was like this when i got him, he was ever so clingy. I ended up wearing a zip up hoody a lot of the time with perkins tucked in one side and i just carried him about like that.

Being a stray I've no idea when he left his mother

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 19:19:41 PM »
Hi Purrlishious

Not sure where you got your little snow from but 8 weeks old is far to young for any reputable bengal breeder to be sending a kitten to its home even if mum is getting a bit fed up.  Assuming you went to a good breeder registered with the GCCF/TICA etc then they are infact breaking conditions of their cattery prefix registration by homing the kitten at this age.  This is a reportable offence.

The most likely reason why he is being clingy is that he was not ready to be taken away from his mum or his littermates.  Poor baby!  He needs lots of comfort.

If you did buy him from a breeder I would seriously consider tackling this person on why she was prepared to let him go so early to prevent the same happening to any other little bengal babies.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I am passionate about this breed.

Please PM me if you need any advice/help re bengals.

Linda
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 23:16:00 PM by Linda (Bengalbabe) »

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 18:30:54 PM »
Hopefully bigger pics

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 18:08:40 PM »
Thanks buds.. have taken your advice bout baby sling. I would have sewn the leg bits up first tho. LOL.
He is so tiny. Mum didn't want anymore to do with him & is weened, but he wants cuddles & cries.. I HAVE to give in. He is caccooned in a blanket now so he fells more secure. My others are not lap cats & were never like this so I do crave the attention wanting. I blame my neighbours cat who I looked after as she snuggled right into me, that started me off.. I wanted one of 'those'. He kisses me, he snuggs right under my chin, he washes my face, those little eyes.. o gosh am filling up!!!

Hope you like the pics

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 16:11:02 PM »
A small cage up the worktop (Lisa dont read this!) in the kitchen will let him see you as you work and you can talk to him. If you mollycoddle him too much you will end up with a really wimpy adult cat, who will stress when you go out or away on holiday. Independence is good!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 09:40:52 AM »
good point ela i didnt think of this.  purrli you'd have to be very very careful this didnt happen as a drop from that height could easily break bones etc.

Purrli has said on another thread this is an 8 wk old bengal baby so my guess is this may have quite abit to do with the extra attention required and the insecurity of baby.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:28:04 AM »
I agree with you Lynn.

My concern about a sling is that should the little one jump out he could easily harm himself.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
They say with very new human babies when they need the security to give it to them esp in the first few weeks so perhaps the same could be said for feline babies too.

You're right Lynn, perhaps if the kitten was taken away from Mum too early that's why he's insecure?

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »
Perhaps the little one feels insecure though as he's only 8 wks.  For the short term i cant see it causing long term problems providing he does get to mix and explore with the others and have plenty of chances to do normal kitten things.

If he's 8 wks just now how long have you had him for ?

They say with very new human babies when they need the security to give it to them esp in the first few weeks so perhaps the same could be said for feline babies too.

Pics and name please  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:13:57 AM »
Sorry, Purrlishious. I agree with Sarah. Part of a cats charm is its independant attitude to it's family. If it wants to be a cuddly cat, it will be. We have four cats and all of them like sitting on our knees(or next to us) and having a fuss.

I know how you feel about wanting to snuggle him, but I'd say its probably not the best plan to put him in a sling.

And again, seconded! Pics please! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:11:35 AM »
Oh, I meant to ask - Do you have any pics of the little one yet??  :wow:

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »
Around that age he should be exploring things and getting used to your house etc.
I have a young kitten too and I leave him to do what he wants and when he's tired he comes up to me for a sleep.

I don't think having him in a sling will make him an affectionate cat, it depends on their personality.
Personally I think it's a bad idea.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Baby slings to carry tiny kittens around!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 06:34:22 AM »
Having got 'yet' another 8 week babe to add to the family.. great...I'm in heaven... he cries a lot when I put him down. I know he has to get used to been down but my others are not affectionate cats bar 1 & thought that by using a baby sling with a nice blanky inside would solve this & develop a good bond. It has..or is hopefully! But, is is such a good excuse to have him up snuggly around my chest so I can keep kissing him! Am I crazy???? Oooooooooooooo delish!  At least this way I can get things done. Do you think the sling is a good idea or not?

Link to CatChat