Author Topic: sebastian escaped.  (Read 6741 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: sebastian escaped.
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »
yep thats what we have decided to do liz, its too long and complicated and time consuming the other way.  I'm sure we'll get something suitable our biggest hurdle now is finding something in this same catchment area as we'd like to let our son continue the same school, this limits the choice drastically.
  Of course there is a place on market at moment which would easily do us and is in the village, no land but large garden..pity we're not quite ready for putting ours up for sale unfortunately and have now discovered we have also got to dig a new soakaway  >:(   dh says this shouldnt be too hard or costly and its in farmers field not out garden so thats good  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
It is lovely Lynn but came with a large mortgage so now have to start again paying it off having spent the last 10 years doing it for the previous house we now have to give up luxeries well, the cats still get as we couldn't cope with the chaos mayhem and destruction the last time they were fed Whiskas biscuits with Whiskas food - they expect Royal Canin, Purina and Hills and only "cheaper biscuits" once in a blue moon!

Lynn you will get round to your dream home - I would try and find it built - I did and was lucky don't fancy winters in a caravan much up here!!!! :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2007, 08:25:15 AM »
sounds lovely liz  ;D

Yeah fortunately seb doesnt do well with no food so most times clanking the top of a tin gets him running back.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »
Lynn he doesn't escape he just goes for a wander!!!!

Fortunately enough the stomach leads most of ours but the bits of rabbit in the lounge yesterday made me change the rabbit in gravey to Salmon in Jelly!!!!

We have a large house but bought it with this lot in mind - in fact before seeing the inside of the house made it for both of us as the setting is perfect from a cats perspective, woods, stram, paddock and conservatory for sunbathing! :Crazy:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2007, 22:59:46 PM »
Liz i think its just a habitual inbuild drive for him to escape.  He must think "right what can i do to annoy her, oh yes i shall escape again this week" then once he does he thinks "right..now what do i do, oh butter i'm hungry"  :evillaugh:

i have a very fast road beside my house, 60mph but you get motorbikes easily doing 120 on a fine sunday afternoon ! 

I know what you mean about windows and doors though, i feel like its abit like that here too what with feline, canine and human varietys.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2007, 22:00:58 PM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:u must have a huge house  :wow:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2007, 22:00:00 PM »
We have 37 cats - 20 ferals, 16 domestics, 1 JRT who thinks she is a cat and Tyson the stray pending and no we don't run a rescue this lot are all ours - they are from rescue work, crulety and abuse cases and our feral colony moved when we did! :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 21:54:12 PM »
liz how many cats have u got ????? :Crazy: :wow: :Luv:
i take it u run a rescue do you  :Luv:?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 21:52:08 PM »
Try our house - 22 indoor/outdoor and 15 indoor only and some of our mob like Dawns are feral and have interesting techniques for coming in only a door or window so it can be like directing traffic now the light nights are here!

I'm sure he only went for a walk not really an escape afterall teh bunny is still alive more than can be said for the bits of the 3 I walked in to from kitchen to lounge this evening so our bunnies are depleting!!!! :shify:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 21:46:12 PM »
D

Was confused Dawn when you said that Cody was a feral, do you have a Cody too?  :-[

Yes I have a cody as well  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 21:28:47 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 21:27:47 PM »
I been thinking about that one Gill..and i think its best all round I just save up and buy him "sat nav"

:evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2007, 21:18:35 PM »
Oh dear I have a monster like that..........she was watching a blackbird pecking aeway on the ground and I never seen a cat so close to the ground with such a turn of speed but he was far quicker phewwwwwwww.

Glad they both enjoying themselves but look out for the little backpack with Wales marked on it  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2007, 21:12:51 PM »
LOL Gill , yep dawn got me with that one last night too when she said cody was still awol..i was like  :stupid: Hes right here. 

Nooo Seb hadnt dissapeared again but i did actually go out and round to their shed at tea time as i hadnt seen hide nor hair of them all day, there they were happy as larry enjoying the fresh air and good weather, fraser in one of his boxes (fraser loves boxes) and seb was lying on the ramp/walk way they have in the shed..i knew what he was doin tho as he was looking straight out the window into the neighbours birdy feeder thingy  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 21:14:10 PM by lynn »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 20:38:53 PM »
My goodness saw this thread gathering speed and thought..........................nooooooooooooooooo hes got out again...........but  was wrong he still safe and sound  ;D

Was confused Dawn when you said that Cody was a feral, do you have a Cody too?  :-[

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 15:10:03 PM »
No probs  ;)

Well i can report both boys have been out in their shed the whole day today (of their own accord) so i think they are enjoying the lovely fresh air and sun shining in.  The metal mesh panel in front of the top half of their door is just a temporary measure but i think they must be appreciating it  ;D 

I dare say if i were to rattle the food bin they'd come in quick sharp  :rofl:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 14:16:11 PM »
I missed this

Glad he's back (again!  :evillaugh: )

Me too ooops sorry Lynn  :-[

So pleased that handsome wee man came home  :sneaky:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 12:49:40 PM »
I missed this

Glad he's back (again!  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »
i know exactly what you mean dawn, you swing from logic and common sense to that awful feeling that the "what ifs" could become realiity.  I just hate living next to this road. :(

Did any of you notice my handsome sebastian was NOT wearing his lovely reflective marla safety collar  >:(   Once he discovered the knack of taken it off he kept doing it but not for a few hours till i had stop hovering to make sure he didnt do it  :sigh:

Oh and he definatly didnt eat the bunny as she was hopping gleefully at 6.10am in my garden today  ;D  (notice it is now a she  ;D)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »

Dawn, can I assume Cody turned up OK too?

From what I've read, Maine Coons are terrors for wandering so not surprised Billy goes awol when he can.  I'd dearly love to have a Maine Coon but not sure I could stand the worry of them wandering.  Our three go out but don't go far at all thankfully.

Thanks for asking Rosella, yes Cody got in about 12 last night.......he came to the back door about 5 times but he's a little nervous coming back in as he's feral.  I just have to sit quietly and patiently until he takes the plunge and then he's in like a rocket.....lol.  Billy on the other hand does love escaping but he never goes out of the garden thank god.  I do worry more for him because out of all mine, he is the more likely one to "disappear" because of his breed and he is an absolute stunner.  Luckily for me, he is pretty shy outside so if anyone did try grabbing him, I think he'd make a run for it.  The ferals I don't really worry too much about, they run like rockets so they'd have to very fast to catch up with them and very stupid if they tried to grab them  :evillaugh:

Lynn, just sheer relief when they come through the door, I know they will be fine and that they will come back but there's always that element of doubt and I do worry if something happens to them.  On the cuddle front, Billy got a cuddle but being honest have you ever tried cuddling a feral  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:46:32 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 09:37:53 AM »
Yep Ros, you know i had dh commision a solid mesh "window" type thing yesterday aswell  to fix on so i could open top half of door (like a stable door) and they could get plenty fresh air for the duration that they had to stay in their.   :tired:  The people are suppoesd to be here this thurs and fri to do all the extensive slabbing which also means the bit for bottom of new run so i am every hopeful seb shouldnt have to wait too much longer then he can stay out to his hearts content if he wants.  I seem to get gut feelings now that are more often than not correct.  Ie yesterday i felt i'd get him back easily.  Its when he's not before my bedtime i start to panic.
Fraser is a good wee soul that way and never tries to get even if he can.  :Luv:

Dawn yes do hope you got your cody back in, how do you handlle it -- rage first then cuddle or vice versa  :rofl:   

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 09:28:55 AM »
Glad Seb is back Lynn.  He's one real beauty. Have to admit, when I saw your post last night I just thought, "not again, he'll be back". Does that make me wicked auntie Ros?

Dawn, can I assume Cody turned up OK too?

From what I've read, Maine Coons are terrors for wandering so not surprised Billy goes awol when he can.  I'd dearly love to have a Maine Coon but not sure I could stand the worry of them wandering.  Our three go out but don't go far at all thankfully.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 22:05:46 PM »
surreal image of cat on trampoline...... ?!?!?!?! legs everywhere!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 22:04:19 PM »
I think he hadnt got any further than sticking his thumb paw out to hitch a lift. 

I actually thought we were getting one of those earthquakes up here but nope it was only him galloping up the garden..he did come from under the trampoline so maybe he had fancied a spot of excercise  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 22:01:18 PM »
Hells Bells I thought he was just about to hitch down the M4  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 21:57:54 PM »
Glad he's back hun. x

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 21:54:39 PM »
Thanks for the concern guys..we are getting this every couple of months now arent we.

Forever if had cared to read the first post properly you will have read that he barged his way INTO my house from their shed through his catflap ..this means that normally my cats have free access between their shed and my house DUH !! ... however today for a period of time the 2 biggies had to be shut out for the danger of open windows which were required to be open for a reason.  However butter lugs managed to escape anyway but never mind, hes home safe n sound..thanks for your concern all the same.

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 21:54:02 PM »
Oh well at least the cat is home safe and well i suppose thats the main thing isnt it

Im not wasting my time typing bk and replying to anything else thats been said on this thread .

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 21:53:43 PM »
Fab news Lynn lets hope that this can go back to being a post on how naughty Seb is and not a slagging match PURRRRLLLLLEEEEASE :)
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 21:52:36 PM »
glad to hear it lynn xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 21:52:22 PM »
Phew - glad he's back!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 21:52:15 PM »
Gad he's back Lynn :)  Little tinker.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 21:52:08 PM »
I love thta top picture Lynn. The expresison on his face looks to be saying "What ya worrying about Mum". Glad the little rascal is back safe and sound.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 21:51:31 PM »
Good news on Seb and (the bunny) Lynn! Glad they're both safe

x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 21:50:47 PM »
Again Lisa, you have no idea. 

YET I BET ILL GET A WARNING JUST BECAUSE I DARED SPEAK UP  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There's a difference between speaking up and speaking out of turn.......sadly, you are talking out of turn.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 21:50:09 PM »
Forever i wasnt overly concerned as seb has a knack of finding ways and means to escape but no he doesnt get free range outside and i do get very worried when he goes missing.

My cats are totally different with very different requirements..2 of them would be classed as seniors and all they want is peace to sleep 23 hours per day and food.
cody doesnt require much more than that he demands it...partly due to his young age and partly due to his breed as rex breed in general are very interactive.

I dont think using the thread where ive just reported my cat to be awol appropriate to start dissin though !

However the good news is seb is now back in side the house safe and sounds..little git, i hate it when he does this  >:(  Wasnt hard or a long wait to get him tonight thankfully and he came bounding up the garden screaming when i started calling..He quite obviously HASNT eaten my bunny thankfully coz he is starving  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 21:48:57 PM »
Lynn loves all her cats equally and yes Seb will come home like he always does.  All mine are indoor and today I've had 3 escapees.......one was my Maine Coone Billy and 2 are ferals.......Cody and Boston.  Boston and Billy are now in and Cody is still being a little buggar but I know he will appear when he's ready and he'll run in like a rocket.  Anyone with indoor cats worry if they get out but if Lynn's are anything like mine, Seb will be home in no time........if you knew Lynn, you would know that on the inside she will be worried sick but she also know's he will be home shortly.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 21:48:30 PM »
People can have an opinion but directly criticising other posters isn't really on, Lisa - especially when you don't know Lynn's circumstances.   

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 21:47:43 PM »
we're having an opinion about your opinion.

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 21:46:24 PM »
Again Lisa, you have no idea. 

I Wont comment as i may say something ill regret

THIS IS A FORUM SO SURELY PEOPLE CAN HAVE AN OPINION GOOD OR BAD ?????????

YET I BET ILL GET A WARNING JUST BECAUSE I DARED SPEAK UP  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat