Author Topic: Good cat bed  (Read 4986 times)

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Good cat bed
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 14:01:13 PM »
I have most of the beigey / browny cat and dog beds available from Argos, as well as one of the ' cat sofas ' you can buy on ebay, and I must say all my cats use the beds, each has their favourite ( with the cat sofa coming out out top ). I find the dog beds generally have a less naff selection of colours.

Those of you with sewing / crafty leanings might like a try at some of these, I keep meaning to get some, but then I must get a sewing machine that isn't 70 years old and actually learn to understand patterns first.

http://www.habithat.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/6177

http://www.habithat.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/6357

and there's a whole shedload of cat related fabric here ( American site but you can avoid duty by only buying a bit and apparently they are really good ) : http://www.equilter.com
http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?catid=201&sid=31U9Hz1k2HGk4kH-19107026601.ff
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 14:03:38 PM by J (Indoorcatsuk) »
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
I've never really bothered with proper cat beds as most of them are hideous patterns, vile fabrics and expensive.  Magpie did have one of those "doughnut" beds which he seemed to like as he would go and sit in it every at bedtime (I kept it after he died because it was covered in his hairs.  I've not washed it yet  ;D ) then I have a couple of fleeces which they seem to like and which double up as toys too  ;D  The only proper bed I have is the cheap argos one I bought a few months ago for about £3 which Jaffa loved for a while but doesn't use now.  I did notice Mosi in it the other day though so I think I've had my moneys worth out of it.

Jaffa sleeps on my bed and Mosi likes to sleep on the cat tree or the sofa.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
Well all mine have at the moment are padded "sheepskin" that I bought for £3 each - they are cream & inoffensive. I would like something nicer for them but not buying 3 cat beds at £40 to be ignored  :evillaugh:

I think the wicker ones are a bit "grannyish" - anyway, willow wees on wicker/hessian  :evillaugh:

Another thing, why are they all only "washable at 30 degrees?" - things like that should be washed at 60 degrees!!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:13:42 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 12:07:17 PM »
qp atleast a couple of peeps on here splashed out for those whiskas ones and i think will tell you they were the biggest waste of money ever !!

They look great but cats obviously just prefer the comfy snuggle types.

I got one for Tiggy and you would have thought it was a dog the way she gave it such a wide berth!  The mat that came inside hers was lovely though, it was the grey snuggly furry thing that was inside her tent.  I kept the furry mat and sold the bed on ebay for more than I paid for it - crazy  :Crazy:

I'm tempted as so many of them are horrible tartan (no disrespect scots purrs people) or paw prints in gaudy colours.

Completely agree Mark, some of the beds around at the moment are vile, I wouldn't have them in the house. I was in PAH a few weeks ago thinking how vile they all were, not to mention expensive when I saw one that was much better than the rest, picked it up and it was reduced from £29 to £9 - bargain!  All the hideous tartan and gaudy coloured pawprints were still full price, maybe it's me with the bad taste?!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »
I even got her a proper wicker basket, but all she has done is be sick on it...  :-:

And isnt it hard to get sick out of whicker?????  :sick: :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 10:58:18 AM »
you were robbed mark i see they are getting £20 more now  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
I bought one when one of the Herne Bay pets shops was closing down. It was £17 to clear. I thought if willow didn't like it, it would go on ebay. She hated it - they smell really "plasticy" and the pad was horrible nylon stuff that makes your teeth go on edge. Anyway, I got about £40 for it on ebay  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 10:56:38 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
qp atleast a couple of peeps on here splashed out for those whiskas ones and i think will tell you they were the biggest waste of money ever !!

They look great but cats obviously just prefer the comfy snuggle types.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 10:40:51 AM »
I've always wanted one of those Whiskas cat head beds, but at £60 a pop or whatever they go for on Ebay, no thanks.

Those cat beds look tres comfy! Menue however, has shunned every attempt I have made to get her to sleep on a cat bed and prefers the luxury of a leather computer chair, dont you know?! I even got her a proper wicker basket, but all she has done is be sick on it...  :-:
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:55:47 AM »
fab bed i like it ,it looks soooooo comfy !
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
Mark that danish design one is the same as codys only cody has the beige one  ;D Its a lovely suedey type feel to it and washes very well to.  I think i paid around £14 for codys one from local petshop.

Loving that vetbed aswell  ;D

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:57:50 AM »
that bed looks soooo comfy! i'd sleep in it! which pretty much guarantees jasper wouldnt. difficult little monster.
needless to say his birthday present is so far untouched..... grrr!! does look nice in the kitchen though.   i agree can be hard to find things that actually look nice in your house...

:)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Good cat bed
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 00:04:40 AM »
I'm tempted as so many of them are horrible tartan (no disrespect scots purrs people) or paw prints in gaudy colours.

This and some of the other danish ones they sell are quite smart - expensive though.

It's not too far from me. I go to Hythe all the time but didn't realise its the same shop

http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CH22202

and this vet bet is amazing

http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CH10731

« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 00:08:53 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat