Author Topic: Catbed or not to Catbed???? Help lol  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Catbed or not to Catbed???? Help lol
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 07:27:15 AM »
Molly's favourite is the blanket on the windowsill (she spends loads of time there, so made sense to put something comfy on it!!), and there are cushions on teh front room and cat room windowsills too, they get used. Shabba has a £3 Wilkinsons one that he likes (a few of them have liked that actually)and we have a £3 instore one in the kitchen that Tiger and Lucy like. I dont bother with anything more expensive than those two £3 ones now, they like them, and they are easy to clean.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 14:29:02 PM »
Max has a basket and a pyramid thingy, but he won't go near either of them, he prefers to nap on the back of the sofa, and at bedtime sleeps on the bed next to me.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 14:14:30 PM »
My two have a bed each and they do go in them, mainly in the winter though because they are in front of the fire. Also have big cushions around the place.

But... Nina's absolute favourite is the humble cardboard box with an old cushion in! She loves it,still end up with both in the bed at night mind you!  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 13:35:29 PM »
 ;D

Cody sleeps in his beddy every night  ;D  and usually thats where he has his catnap late afternoon too.

He didnt use it to start with though (well he did if you turned it upside down he'd use it as a hide out to ambush unsuspecting feet  :rofl:)

when we had to start shutting him into the kitchen every night he started using his own bed properly then and he really knows thats his bed.  Dont laugh but it sits beside a heater ontop of his hooded litter tray and he just loves it there, if i move it he stands ontop of his tray as if to say put my bed back..being that height means its right at same height as our small kitchen radiator so hes very happy.

Lots of cats i know absolutely love a radiator cat bed, i'd love to get cody one but i know the kids would try to sit in it or something stupid.

Heres the same type as cody has http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=365&pg_id=339  its the danish design snuggle bed altho i got it locally.  He also has his pink fleecy blanket in it LOL.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 13:23:48 PM »
My 2 have a small dog bed that they snuggle up together in then there is a fleece blanket (from the radiator bed) next to the other which they use if they want somewhere each...........they both tend to start the night there, then make it onto our bed.  They also just like to curl up on the sofa with us.............
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 12:14:25 PM »
We've got 4 cat beds around the house.

One is in front of our fire (well it's 2 foot away from the actual fire place) and both cats lay on that one when the fire is on or when they hope we'll turn it on. It's just a big pillow

Another is in the library which has a backing to it so it's almost covered and both enjoy that one at different times.

The other two don't get used much as both cats sleep in our bed or if we have the sun room open they sleep on the comfy chairs in there.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 12:10:03 PM »
We've found that our cats will use them for a while, but then find somewhere else to sleep - but then they go back to them - which probably explains why we seem to have loads of them just not being used!

Have to say our cats prefer sleeping on a fleece on the sofa, or a fleece on a beanbag (they need the fleece on it otherwise they disapear into a funnel shape in the bean bag  ;D)

... but our little Jasper's favourite place to sleep it seems is in the laundry basket, when it's got all nicely folded clean clothes in it  :evillaugh:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 08:50:33 AM »
OK I have 2 cat beds and 2 cats. 1 bed is a whicker one which neither would use but as it was given to me I never got round to throwing it away. I bought Mogs a soft oval bed and Amber an igloo type as Amber likes small spaces and Mogs doesnt. Both of those get used and also travel to the cattery with them. The whicker one has been put behind the settee now near the radiator and I frequently find one or other in it in winter so mine do use cat beds..... they also use my bed, the furniture, the floor etc
love
Tab

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 08:18:08 AM »
id buy a cat bed if i was u but not an expensive one
id also get a box and put some warm blankets in it
will u be allowing ur little one to sleep on ur bed and on the sofa ?if so he will proberly always choose ur bed over his own  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 23:23:02 PM »
Tiggy used to love fleecy blankets, you can get them from places like Innstore and they are much cheaper than 'proper' cat beds. The ones I bought were huge so I cut them into 3 so she could have fleece wherever she went!  They also have the advantage of coming in much nicer colurs than some of the gaudy cat beds.  My biggest 'cat bed investment' was the Whiskas cat bed that looked super cool but must have been impregnated with anti-cat chemicals as Tiggy wouldn't even set paw in it and used to give it an ultra wide berth!

Saying all this II have to admit that I have bought my two new arrivals beds  :shy:  I know they probably won't use them as they will be allowed on all the sofas and human beds but I felt kind of mean not getting them one  :scared:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 20:24:30 PM »
I got a bed for Jasmine and she'll sleep anywhere but there. Her favourite place to sleep is on the dining room chairs, and at night she sleeps in beside me.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 19:56:56 PM »
I agree with Sam about the cardboard box, however my 3 have a bed each, but all of them sleep on my bed  :rofl:

Charlie likes a sleep and a play in his wee cardboard box during the day though  :innocent:

Congratulations again on your new addition, he's a lucky boy and you're a lucky mummy :D

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 19:55:21 PM »
Nope she doesn't and we even made sure it was the same one as the one she had in the rescue, as we were told she loved it!

Obviously sleeping in a human double bed is much better  :rofl:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 19:51:27 PM »
Mine have got loads of beds and they hardly use any. Tigger will only sleep on her beanbag bed and Bilbo doesn't really use any of the other beds. Miss Boopy has a choice of beds at her current home and she only ever sleeps in one of them (it's a little bed that looks like a house).
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 19:18:10 PM »
After many years and more cat beds than I care to mention I have come to the conclusion that a cardboard box (the shallow type that melons come in) with a large fluffy towel in is the best cat bed going!  :rofl:  All cats seem to like towels and cardboard boxes so combining the two has to be the best bed!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 19:10:13 PM »
some cats will, some don't. Most will be happy with a box and a blanket.
I thinks its more to do with interior design than cats......... :shy:

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
Catbed or not to Catbed???? Help lol
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 18:56:47 PM »
Hello again all,

Thank you all for being happy for me with finding Jake. It great having people that are excited about it too lol The home visit went really well  :) And we will pick Jake up tomorrow!!! Yay!!!!  :) ;D :)
Anyhow she told me that its not worth getting a cat bed as cat prob won't use it, tho another told me to get a cat bed, so was just wondering if your cat has a cat bed and does he/she use it?

Thank you so much for all your advice and help giving me the confidence to home a cat  ;D
Ems xxx

Link to CatChat