Author Topic: New Visitor  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: New Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Glad there was a happy ending to this, Ron will do a wonderful job with her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 23:13:10 PM »
I'm so pleased reading this.........she is now safe from harm and has a positive future  :Luv:  :Luv:  A nice end to a crap day, well done hun, xxxxx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 20:58:11 PM »
You should feel emotional in a happy way, Tigertail, because Ron at Lost Cats Brighton will find her owners or get her a new home, whatever needs to be done, come hell or high water  :Luv:

Perhaps you could pop over and visit her and see the wonderful work Ron does?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 20:48:53 PM »
Well done Ron and thank you.  ;D

If you couldnt keep the cat then Ron is absolutely the best person to have it and I am sure he will find it a wonderful home , if he cant find the owners.

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 20:46:40 PM »
Hi, just to advise you we had a very stressful night.  I had decided not to take the cat in, when, near midnight I was in my bathroom and heard her crying on the roof of my lean to, trying to find a way in I think.  So I took her in and heard her about four in the morning.  I got up and let her out and went back to sleep again.  When I woke up at 7 I fed her and went to work.  I eventually found Ron at Lost cats and he said he would come round.  He was the only one prepared to come round and help me.  I got home at 6.30 - no stray cat.  I phoned Ron and he said don't worry if you see the cat again, give me a call.  Later tonight the cat came round. Ron scanned her for a chip and there was none.  We put her in Ron's basket and she started to pur when I stroked her. Ron said he would try to find the owners or rehome.  I feel very emotional now and hope the cat is alright, but she was crying all the time, except when she was in the basket as good as gold.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 11:50:23 AM »
Hi ur defo doing the right thing
id feed him/her and  bring him/her inside  :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
Hi Sharon

How is she today?

She sounds as if she is looking for help being so friendly. I would keep feeding her today and as Gill says call Ron as soon as you can (number on his web site) or the Cat protection in Brighton http://www.brightoncatsprotection.org.uk/ number to call is  Beverley 01273 279138. They will give you much more help than the RSPCA from my experience with a stray babe.

Let us know how she gets on hun.

xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 01:52:25 AM »
I would definately keep feeding the poor little thing and if you are in Brighton try contacting Ron who runs a rescue there and I am sure he will give you loads of advice and maybe help you find it a home if you dont want to keep it.

I love grey cats and thats how my kocka came to me.

Here is Rons email ron@lostcatsbrighton.org.uk and he also has a website which i think will be www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:55:48 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 23:44:12 PM »
Is it possible to get a piccie of her to put on MyMoggy?

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 22:16:57 PM »
I haven't brought the cat in as she panicked when I shut the door on the first visit.  She ate all the food I put down for her and she is now sitting on my windowsill.  She purrs at the drop of a hat and she is very sweet.  I will call around tomorrow.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 22:15:55 PM »
Hi Sharon

Yes ya doing the right thing, if she is starving she def needs to eat hun. Do ya have a spare room you could have her for the night?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 21:51:38 PM »
I would give her some shelter for now and make some enquiries tomorrow.  Phone your local rescues to see if anyone has reported her missing and if you can, take her to the vets to check for a microchip.  Put some adverts up ie in vets etc and hopefully if she's lost, her owner will come forward.  Gopd luck and keep us posted, xxx

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 21:44:25 PM »
The cat is back but minus the collar so I think it came off.  I put some food down for her (I think) and I might try to put another collar on. I really don't know if I ma doing the right thing at all. 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 21:33:53 PM »
Fingers crossed someone will phone you or that you can provide her with the help that she needs, xxx

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 21:28:40 PM »
I have just checked my garden and it has gone now, but it would be interesting to see if I get a call from the note on the collar or if it comes back again tomorrow.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 21:27:16 PM »
Yes, I would feed her for definite.  The fact she's been hanging round for 3 days sounds as if she has lost her way and is looking for some food.  If someone owns her, the paper collar should do the trick.........I would always feed a cat that turned up at my door if it was ravenous and underweight.  Can you provide her with shelter or bring her in for the night?

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 21:24:41 PM »
I think its a girl - do you think I should feed it tonight?  The Rspca said not to feed a stray for a couple of days to see if it will go back to its owner.  I have put a paper collar on and the Rspca said I should do leaflet drops in my area, posters and call the vets.  I wonder how I will get the time to do all that?  I live in Brighton.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 21:04:24 PM »
If you are happy bringing the cat indoors, then bring it in.  He definitely needs some tlc and if you can provide him with that, great.  He needs to be checked for a microchip and a few enquiries should be made to make sure no one owns him.  What area are you in?

Modified to add:  He definitely needs to be fed, he sounds as if he's lost or been dumped so he needs a nice human to look after him  ;)

If you can get a piccie of him and send it to MyMoggy.com in case anyone has lost him.  Also, it may be worth getting a paper collar with a note on it to ask if anyone own's him.  If you can't find an owner, is it possible you could keep him or find him a home?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 21:10:50 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
New Visitor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 21:00:40 PM »
For the past three evenings I have been visited by a little grey cat.  On Saturday early evening a little grey cat popped its head around my living room door as I had my back door open.  I got up to investigate and say it was a little grey cat and it looked so skinny.  I talked to it and stroked it and felt its back bone and ribs.  It allowed me to pick it up and it felt as light as a feather.  Its fur looks ok, slightly dull but not too bad.  Anyway, I did the wrong thing and fed it some biscuits - not many but it ate them ravenously.  It went out into the garden and I shut my back door and it sat on my windowsill crying untill it got very dark.  On sunday night and tonight now, the little cat is back.  I havn't fed it again.  I phoned the RSPCA and they said, would you like our stray cat pack and I said no, the cat is hungry now.  What do I do?  I have put a paper collar on it and I will see if I get a call.  It may be ill of course, but if it has got a home, isn't that cruelty?  The RSPCA didn't seem that bothered. Any advice?

Link to CatChat