Author Topic: Advice - Local unneutered tom?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Advice - Local unneutered tom?
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
Have you had any more sightings Dawn?
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »
What am I sniffing for?

Lol, lucky you having never smelt it! Tom cats are pungent little butter, passionfruit squash is quite similar to their aroma, neutered cat wee just smells like wee!

Can you take a pic of you sniffing the wall   :rofl: :rofl:

Okay it is a dry day so tonight i am on smell patrol  :rofl:
I saw him run across our road further up and into someones garden yesterday so I hope someone owns him  :)

The food is going back out tonight too, although i'm sure my lot are gutted to hear a tin opening and see their precious hi life go out into the garden  :evillaugh:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 17:54:20 PM »
What am I sniffing for?

Lol, lucky you having never smelt it! Tom cats are pungent little butter, passionfruit squash is quite similar to their aroma, neutered cat wee just smells like wee!

Can you take a pic of you sniffing the wall   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 08:13:10 AM »
What am I sniffing for?  :rofl: not sure what it should smell like for neutered and unneutered!  :rofl:
(clueless arent i!)

I couldnt put the food out last night or it would have been flooded, so hopefully it is dry tonight (although, it is Manchester after all...)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 13:23:35 PM »
He could be neutered already. My lot spray in the garden and they certainly have no reproductive organs!

Next time make sure you sniff his wee  :rofl: :rofl:  ;) ;)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
Thanks guys - I thought it was best to ask your help before attempting anything.

I hoped that if he does have owners, they wont mind him being neutered once I explain benefits and tell them they wont have to pay or even take him to the vets cause we can do it. That is sad ccmacey, did they have a reason?

I just wonder if it was him that ate the hi-life from the garden, or if it was another cat! The only other cat i've seen in our garden is a fluffy black one - it was licking one of the tins of tuna we put in the recycle box  :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »
I have had the same problem Dawn.

Yes do put a paper collar on him and see if ya get any return.

I did this with "Sebastian" and his owner did call me back and she said she wasnt going to get him neutered.  :(

He still calls round now and again and I really want to get him done for his own safety, but I cant do that can I?

Of course if he is stray thats a totally different matter.

Good luck.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:14 AM »
We were tempted to put a paper collar on with our number and when we get in touch (hopefully) asking if they would mind us taking him to be neutered - i'm sure our local CP lady would help us out.

Just what I had in mind when I started to read your topic.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Advice - Local unneutered tom?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 08:52:29 AM »
Me and my bf were walking around our area the other day and saw a black and white kitty down our back alleyway - I tried to call him but he ran away and sprayed against a wall at the back  :(

I dont know who owns him (if anyone) bf left some hi-life in the garden and we kept going out to check on it, to see if we could entice him into the garden to get a look at him. Went into the front room for an hour to watch tv and came out and it was gone, typical  :rofl:

Any advice on what we should do if we can get a good look at him? We were tempted to put a paper collar on with our number and when we get in touch (hopefully) asking if they would mind us taking him to be neutered - i'm sure our local CP lady would help us out.

What do you think?

Link to CatChat