Author Topic: A DAT IN THE LIFE OF A FOSTERER.  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: A DAT IN THE LIFE OF A FOSTERER.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
Does a "full shilling" mean not quite working on all engines?

Yes and the same as a sandwich short of a picnic. As I say she is all there.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 09:51:49 AM »
She is only in her very earlly 40's, maybe late 30's even and a full shilling if you know what I mean.

Does a "full shilling" mean not quite working on all engines? It's appalling that at that age she couldn't manage to keep her home clean. I mean, mine's not immaculate, but there aren't empty cans all over the place!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 07:20:56 AM »
Aww, how sad about the poor little one, fingers crossed these can all get neutered, and it will at least help the situation.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 07:12:25 AM »
it sounds in this case to be an elderly lady that couldn't cope.

She is only in her very earlly 40's, maybe late 30's even and a full shilling if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 07:13:21 AM by Ela »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 22:44:03 PM »
but a week later it was bk to how i found it she never bothered to keep up the cleaning etc  :'(

That's the problem, Lisa. Some people just can't be bothered to keep them home clean, and that's up to them. But it is annoying when it affects an animals living standard. Although, it sounds in this case to be an elderly lady that couldn't cope.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »
We still cannot find the cat with a hole in its side, and a couple of days ago Donna found a cat in a terrible state its head was almost turned round. It has been in the vets for a couple of days now but sadly today it needed to be gently PTS. The sad thing is that was has happened has not just come on sine this lady has been in hospital. A couple of days ago I asked Donna to have a word with the hospital Social worker and mention the 1948 National assistance act,  they are actually playing ball with us. Although we have had to do all the arranging and we will have to get the cats. We will treat them all for fleas & worms before they go and have any unneutered toms neutered. then ask the cattery to watch out for any cats that may come into season.

A while ago the owner asked me if she could care for a 'golden oldie' for us. Gut feeling told me to decline the offer. Thank goodness.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 14:30:56 PM by Ela »

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »

Although I am thinking of going and helping to clean the house.

I Spent 7 hrs last yr cleaning a friend of a friends house i only done it for the cats sakes
the dishes were filthy ,the trays were so bad i had to chuck them all out ,
i bought new cat trays a big bag of litter , gave her loads of newspaper ,clean blankets and i scrubbed her floor and her window sill and i left the windows wide open to get the air in ,after i had fifnished it looked a hell of a lot better and i was pleased i done it for the cats sakes
but a week later it was bk to how i found it she never bothered to keep up the cleaning etc  :'(
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:59:30 AM »
Right, I understand.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57:33 AM »
Insert Quote
Ela, i dont understand why they wouldn't survive if taken away due to being timid - surely they can be worked on?

You know I cannot say too much, all I will say is if we had them or you and other rescues who post in here, yes they would be worked on.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
poor cats
i hope everything gets sorted for them

It will, don't worry, once we know about a situation we don't bury our heads in the sand. We will not rest until all is well. Well Donna won't anyway as she is doing the work. I just sit here and authorise things. Although I am thinking of going and helping to clean the house.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »
Ela, i dont understand why they wouldn't survive if taken away due to being timid - surely they can be worked on?
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 10:50:19 AM »
One neighbour wanted to call another rescue but if they are taken away they will not survive as they are very timid. At least now we can continue to support the cats and will do so for as long as it takes. Hopefully the owner  will realize that there are too many and allow us to take one into care occasionally until she has a manageable (for her) number. A couple of years ago we had reports of a white cat living under a car, it turned out to be hers and she said she just could not get it in, eventually after much persuasion she did sign the cat over to us and it went on to better things.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »
bloody hell ! poor cats
i hope everything gets sorted for them
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 10:28:18 AM »
Fingers crossed for them Ela.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
A DAT IN THE LIFE OF A FOSTERER.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 10:24:02 AM »
I received a call a couple of days ago about a lady who was in intensive care and she has 10 cats, a neighbour said she was feeding them (not a lot we later found out) but had noticed one had a hole in its side. I said that we would pay for her to take it to the vets. Oh! I cannot get it I works she said. Well says I you have the house keys and you will need to be there even if we can come. Long story but eventually she left the key with another neighbour. Donna went to the house, and was absolutely gob smacked, the house was worse than any she had seen on TV you know the houses that the environment people have to for in and clean out or a job for Aggie. I litter tray for 10 cats full to the brim,  poo, clothes, broken mirror, old curry containers with some left all over the floor. Kitchen full of dirty dishes, cat bowls in a disgusting mess. Anyway all the cats are very timid and she could not find the cat that had been reported. But she had seen others with problems; once she took to the vets immediately as it s mouth was in a terrible state, it has a rodent ulcer which is now being treated. She intends to go back and try to sort them all out and get the all fleas and wormed as well. She says she cannot spray the house yet as there is no empty floor space to spray just now. Donna partner set about washing all the filthy food bowls and clean THE  litter tray. I gave her 9 dozen tins of cat food, and we are supplying large bags of litter and some more covered litter trays.

Link to CatChat