Fundraising For Cat Rescue > Fundraising - Cat Rescue Centers

Animal Sanctuary evicted.

(1/3) > >>

emmmy_lou:
I live in Morpeth about 15 miles north of Newcastle, but nobody I spoke to had heard of it.

I do hope the money did go to the animals and that they were safe and sorted out, it all seemed to settle down pretty fast.

SamMewl:
hi emmy-lou
i think the fundraising page was from a 'supporter' so could not be claimed by the original owner or those she was in debt too. i am fairly certain it has gone towards the care of the animals left behind.

i am at yorkshire cat rescue www.yorkshirecatrescue.org :)  near to keighley/bradford, west yorks. not very near the rainbow ark but we have a supporter who is often traveling up that way.  where you aware of the rainbow ark? i wonder whether other people in the area had any idea what was going on with them?

i have seen the westgate website - good work for helping there  ;D

emmmy_lou:
I know one of my local cat rescues offered to help but she only them to look after them short term until she had everything sorted out.

I hadnt heard of the place before but I hope the money has gone to the animals but I would of thought it would go to pay off her debts first....

where are you SamMewl? I volunteer at Westgate ark in Newcastle?

SamMewl:
we offered to take some cats when we read the DM story but a local CP had already managed to sort them out. was initially feeling sorry for the lady owner but could see how things could have got out of control without addressing things financially (yr point KittyNic)

since then it would appear that the animals were not well cared for either  :(
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbow-Ark-animals/748327605185326

so in some ways it may have been for the best that she was evicted. the 30K has i believe gone along with the animals to their new rescue homes. the picture of the old dog in a bare pen in its bed that had to PTS is heartbreaking

KittyNic:
Unfortunately, whilst the good intentions of wanting to save every animal possible is commendable, if you take too much on without the funds to cover the costs, charities and rescue centres do end up like this. :-(

It's a shame this level of fundraising couldn't have been achieved before the situation got to this stage.

Here's hoping all the animals get a rescue or home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version