Author Topic: Start again  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Start again
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 17:58:05 PM »
Thats a relief................I mean its the leukemia jab not that they still wont talk to you!

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 09:47:31 AM »
Oops - big mistake - it wasn't FIV it was for feline leukemia.  Sorry about that.  The're still not speaking to me.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 15:42:57 PM »
I know there is a jab available, but I'm sure I've heard that they will always test positive for FIV in the future, even if they don't actually have the virus?

Luckily its not available here and it isnt popular in the states for the reason you give. Most of their shelters have a kill policy so your cat wouldnt be safe

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 13:04:38 PM »
Yikes!!  Poor everyone in Puddy's household!!  (Puddy, the next time arm yourself with a pair of oven mits like the daddy of Sparta the "Mean Kitty"...) I hope they will bounce back soon... I KNOW it's a traumatic ordeal for them but if you persist with TLC they will understand it was not the evil deed (or lets pray!!) ... dear me that reminds me... Oliver needs a visit soon, too!! :(

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:53:16 PM »
Which FIV jabs are these, out of curiosity?

I know there is a jab available, but I'm sure I've heard that they will always test positive for FIV in the future, even if they don't actually have the virus?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:53:06 AM »
I suppose im lucky with Leo.. he doesnt mind going in his box in the car - he sleeps in it too while we are asleep at night . . .

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Start again
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
Well, we went to the vets last night with Ollie and Portia for their jabs and chips.  Had the most awful time getting Ollie into the carrier - my arm is covered in gouges from his claws.  Everything went fine at the vets - she is always lovely with the animals but now neither of them are speaking to me - according to them Lucretzia Borgia was a saint compared to me!  And the worst bit is, we have a repeat performance in 2 weeks as the CP had not done their FIV jabs. :scared:

Link to CatChat