Author Topic: Feliway  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Feliway
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
Ela, I have ordered them from the link on your site

Thank you, your kindness is appreciated. ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
i remember someone reporting the same type of smell in catchat aswell.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 16:23:43 PM »
I keep one going all the time - this thread reminded me that I needed to get more refils so, Ela, I have ordered them from the link on your site.  For any folk who don't know, this means Chesterfield CP gets a small donation.

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline rache

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 16:16:23 PM »
I don't think so, she's quite a clean cat, it's more likely she's slobered on it! I'll give it a few days and see if she settles. It was the burning smell (which has stopped now) coupled with the fact she's a bit unsettled.

Thanks for the advice, I'll watch the liquid level and if it doesn't go down in the next week I'll replace it,

Thanks

Rach

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 16:09:36 PM »
I've just checked on the feliway site and it says there may be a burning smell for a short while when you plug one in so if it's been off for a few days you may get a bit of a smell.  But I wouldn't have thought it would last for more than a few hours.

http://www.feliway.uk.com/feliway_uk.nsf/Page?OpenForm&DocID=87&POS=5&Key=null

It does also say to make sure they've not peed on it!  Any chance that might have happened?

Offline rache

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 16:05:51 PM »
That's what i thought. It was off for three days and I thought the buring smell was probably just dust which had settles in the mean time, but I wondered whether I may have damaged it as it will have run out a while before I turned it off. Sounds like it should still be working. But she's started crying again at night and the feliway usually stops that - I can't cope with another sleepless night!!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 16:01:50 PM »
I've had one plugged in since last April - must have had about 8 or 9 refills and I've never had any burning smell.  That doesn't sound right. 

Offline rache

• Kitten
Feliway
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 15:42:59 PM »
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has experience of feliway diffusers and when you need to replace them. My refil ran out last week and since I replaced it, it made a burning smell for a few days and now is giving out heat, but not as much as usual I think. cat goes bonkers when ever it runs out and she still hasn't settled. Just wondering whether I need a new one it's the third refil I've just put in (including the one that came with it).

Thanks

Link to CatChat