Author Topic: Run out of meds  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Run out of meds
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 22:15:52 PM »
I have been in that decision, and opted for less time, quality truly is better than quantity in my opinion. It could just be the weather though, I dont have to rely on my  meds as much at this time of year, my flare ups are always in the winter.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 21:08:52 PM »
It could be the side effecs that are making him feel bad. Until the other day, he was spending most of the time curled up on the sofa so I wish I knew if it was the Fortekor or the weather that has changed him.  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 20:18:22 PM »
I agree entirely Mark. If an older cat is not happy taking meds and you feel it is affecting it's quality of life in terms of happiness, I know what I'd decide to do. (And it would be REALLY hard to make that decision knowing it could mean less years with them.)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 20:14:39 PM »

I have a dilemna now - I got back from picking up the tabs and he was tearing round the garden. I don't know if its the weather or not being on meds but the whole idea is for him to feel better. As hard as it is, I would rather have him for a few years happy than 10 years feeling sick and miserable. I will make an appointment at the vet and depending on what he says, I will go to another vet (maybe next door  :scared: )

Ah not funny enough my friend has the same problem with his cat.

Tilly was put onto Fortekor but they have had such a problem getting her to take them, to the point where she refused to come in the house through fear of having a tablet! (they tried putting it in food)
Now they have given up with the tablets and have also come to the conclusion that they would rather have her for less years but have her happy.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 19:41:24 PM »
Thanks Milly's mum  ;D

I have a dilemna now - I got back from picking up the tabs and he was tearing round the garden. I don't know if its the weather or not being on meds but the whole idea is for him to feel better. As hard as it is, I would rather have him for a few years happy than 10 years feeling sick and miserable. I will make an appointment at the vet and depending on what he says, I will go to another vet (maybe next door  :scared: )

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 16:47:24 PM »
A friend of mine took on an oldie on fortekor, she had her vets retest him and they decided to try him without, he actually did better without and his levels dropped too. (Not sure if that was down to anything else she gave, she doesnt like to medicate a cat for the sake of it so probably not)

Glad old Clapton is doing well   :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 14:43:09 PM »
There was nothing I could do about it. I can pick them up today. The thing is, he is perkier than ever and his appetite is really good. I would go as far as to say, he seems a lot better without the Fortekor. I am thinking of taking him to another vet to be retested and to get a 2nd opinon.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:31:03 AM »
I would personally check with the vet.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 19:35:58 PM »
Thanks for the advice  ;D

I will keep an eye on him but he seems better than ever at the moment. Eating well etc. If there were problems, there is an animal hospital in Canterbury but just needed the reassurance. ;D

Thanks

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 19:06:02 PM »
mark i have every confidence clapton will be fine, he is on fortekor for VERY MILD crf so 5 days off will be ok, if he was on this drug for heart or severe disease i'd say differently but dont panic about him and get yourself well..just think many cats at claptons stage have not yet been diagnosed !!!!!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 19:01:20 PM »
Very sorry but I dont know the answer, except that 5 days is a long time to go with necessary meds

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Run out of meds
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 18:29:23 PM »
This is terrible I know but I have not been well this week and completely forgot to order a repeat prescription for clapton for his Fortekor.  I ordered today as soon as I remembered but they said they won't have them til Tuesday afternoon. Is this likely to cause him problems? He is eating OK at the moment - as long as I give him what he wants. I don't want him to suffer as a result.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat