Author Topic: Grooming help please  (Read 3023 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Grooming help please
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 16:25:42 PM »
i dont know anything about this lyn, she hasnt said in her mails ?? 

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 13:18:20 PM »
yes saffron is lovely and would love to give any tips i think if she's around, she was a few days ago.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 13:09:22 PM »
Ah right.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 20:11:38 PM »
WEll, she actually has no fur under her tail at the moment, we had that shaved at the vets!! I am trying to find a way of getting her used to it being dealt with now she doesn't have mats = and she is actually a shorthair
Please spay your cat

fuzziesdad

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 19:04:17 PM »
Saffron would be great to give advice on this but I have no idea where she has got to. Not sure if she is in the country or not.
saffies the one alright,she has 3 Persians and I know she has this problem,and she has a lot of experience with long-haired cats and the grooming. of. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 13:12:56 PM »
star was the same when we got her, she had been in rescue six months living on hills kitten and obviously not moving about much, she used to get into a mess and need cleaning up with wipes that I got from PAH, luckily she really liked it though so I didn't have any trouble.  Anyway after six months with us she can reach herself!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 21:30:30 PM »
Hippy, you obviously haven't seen the thread about Lucy, she came to us at over 8kg, she came from Kelly to me at near enough bang on 8kg, and the vet has shaved the worst off, I just want something to keep it under control enough until she has lost enough to reach herself - Tom was heavier than her, but never had any probs keeping himself clean - although Ginger did, yet he was only 1kg overweight, but he rarely let me sort him out, only time my laidback cat turned a bit hissy spitty!! I might try the sink option when she is a bit lighter, but not yet!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 20:48:11 PM »
I kind of guessed this, hence my opening comment.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 20:17:52 PM »
She already is!  :)  Desley wouldnt make a cat so obese it cant wash itself.
Warm flanel is probably your best option, daily butt wash in the sink is no good if she wouldnt fit in it, lol

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 19:58:03 PM »
Sorry if this is a silly thing to say, but have you tried putting her on a diet?

Max, a maine coon type who had long trousers, had this problem. I used to fill the bath with about an inch of water and dunk him in. He was great at being handled though, and loved the warmth of the water.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 21:47:05 PM »
Pretty much, think she has had one or two issues. But, that isn't the main prob, it is the fact that as she is twice the size she should be, she literally cannot reach herself, so can't even clean herself after a wee, hence me wanting to clean her daily so that she doesn't get any issues from it. The warm flannel seemed to be slightly easier than the baby wipes, so will try those for a bit.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »
What do you mean by 'is she solid' Milly's mum?

Her poohs? If they are sticky you could try altering her diet to firm them up, sticky poos leave a "trail"   :rofl:  when Taz eats anything rich he gets sticky poos and they get stuck in his trousers, thus leaving a skid that i have to clean before he wipes on my bed  :innocent:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 12:32:04 PM »
i will try warm water - used to use that on my two, until it got to 6 cats having a weekly wipe down, then it was easier for baby wipes, as they were all scattered over the house.
What do you mean by 'is she solid' Milly's mum?
Forever - not a chance of putting her in teh bathroom sink unfortunately - a, she woudln't fit and might break it, and b, she isn't keen on being handled!!
Please spay your cat

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »
ive used baby wipes in the past when ive needed too
but with my Bridie every time she goes to te vets she wees n poohs in the basket and she stinks after and has pooh stuck to her , so i fill up the bathroom basin with warm water and baby bath and just put her bum in and clean it with a baby soft sponge .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »
I use a wet flannel and they get put under my left armpit and clamped! Rub- a- scrub - scrub!

Is she solid?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 15:48:36 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »
Could you try cotton wool balls and warm water maybe. I know its not the same but when my flat was decorated Mogs decided to squash through a door that was closed because it was painted. She got paint down her side and on her hips so I had to try and clean her. She hates being touched unless its on her terms and we had a major struggle to begin with but then I tried warm water and she just relaxed and let me clean her whole side. I used the same when she occasionally gets sticky eyes and she sok with that too. A friend said maybe because its warm she feels like shes being cleaned by Mum again.
Good luck
love
Tab

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Grooming help please
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:15:13 AM »
Poor Lucy can't clean her bum bless her!! The vet shaved it for her, but she is still getting messy, and she hates being cleaned, I can get a few wipes with a baby wipe daily, but it isn't enough - any other tips for doing it?
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat