Author Topic: Cat Tree  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Cat Tree
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 19:38:15 PM »
Wow bargain ... looks great ... I'm sure the babies will love it!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 19:30:02 PM »
Just wanted to let you all know I bought a cat post from that ebay shop! I'm thrilled with it lol :) I won a bid at £21 - Bargain! Its medium sized, not huge but much much bigger than the one I'm taking back tomorrow.

Heres the one I bought http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cat-activity-centre-scratcher-cat-scratch-GIFT-2210_W0QQitemZ330234600538QQihZ014QQcategoryZ20740QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Only I chose for it to be in the colour brown.

I hope it shows up as theres a timer on it so it might dissapear lol. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 18:16:15 PM »
Heheh :) I am just choosing which one i'm going to buy now. So many fantastic posts to choose from! The one i really want is huge though, I measured up the space i'm going to put it and it was almost to the ceiling! There are plenty of other slightly smaller ones though.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 18:14:39 PM »
If you can shop on EBAY quite a lot of us have bought cat trees From Albany Pets on Ebay  I have one myself from thier good price and quality  ;) 

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AlbanyPetsLTD

Ahhh ya beat me to it ... I was just about to recommend Albany pets.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 18:03:21 PM »
Thankyou Bluecat, I will check it out now x

EDIT: They look great! At such good prices as well. I think I will be buying one from there :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 18:06:18 PM by Cathryn87 »

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 17:54:52 PM »
If you can shop on EBAY quite a lot of us have bought cat trees From Albany Pets on Ebay  I have one myself from thier good price and quality  ;)  

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AlbanyPetsLTD

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 17:54:41 PM »
Wow! They look really great. We are rubbish at DIY though so i doubt we would be able to make it. I've been looking on Zooplus though, the banana trees look great but are super pricey, i think the big one was £200+! I have seen some nice medium sized ones though at around £50-£60 pounds. What would you say was more important, height or width/compartments?

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 17:17:36 PM »
If you're any good at DIY (or have a handy other half) you could but climbing shelves up. This link is from a site in the US and they look great, especially if you don't have a lot of space.  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/pet-decor-2006-entries/my-designs-dreamy-cat-stairs-3-010732

I have had someone quote but it is way too expensive so I am going to have to figure it out myself but my DIY skills are rubbish so it might take a while. I think if you do them yourself they could be reasonably priced.

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 16:54:03 PM »
Hi Tiga, I will have a look for that banana leaf tree now :) Unfortunately i can't get to Ikea as i don't drive x

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 16:51:49 PM »
Hi

My boys have the banana leaf one from Zooplus which they love. THey like chasing each other up and down it and sleep in it a lot too. It is not too naff, style wise. It's a bit more expensive than a lot of others but is nice and very stable.

There is also a place called cat play stations or something like that online. Mine also have one of theirs.

Also, this one from Ikea is good in that it doesn't take up much floor space. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20112073    But I'm not sure how good it actually is, I haven't seen. It attaches to the wall. I'm thinking of having a look - but you can't buy it online, only instore.

Happy shopping!

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 16:48:16 PM »
I was thinking Zooplus as well, Just looking through their cat trees now. There are some really great ones!

I will definitely use that link x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 16:45:36 PM »
www.zooplus.co.uk

If you decide to buy use the link at the bottom of the page so purrs earns a little commision  ;)

Offline Cathryn87

• Adult Cat
Cat Tree
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 16:40:29 PM »
Hello,

I'm getting all the bits and bobs together in prep for the kitties coming in a few weeks time. Today I bought a cat tree, and well it turned out to be just naff so it's going back to the shop tomorrow.

I wondered if anyone could advise me on what sort of stlye and maybe even where would be the best place to buy a cat tree. We live in a ground floor flat, and whilst it's not tiny it's not huge either. So I think the kitties would really benefit from a fair sized tree although i don't have space for a huge one (although that would be great!).

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 16:46:59 PM by Cathryn87 »

Link to CatChat