Author Topic: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me  (Read 48891 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2009, 15:30:04 PM »
Title changed so now will move it to General.

If you want to cnage the title just go to the first post and change it there and then do a newest post and that will change it  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Grey semi feral missing from Lodge Park, Redditch now! FOUND
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2009, 15:23:44 PM »
Hi Gill, Chuch is pronounced like Church, but without the 'r' lol! If you wouldn't mind moving it and change the title to something like 'GB's (or Charlie's) new home with me' same as Catchat, thanks!

Liz those poor pussies being poisoned, just awful!

Looks like Charlie is the same as your 3 then, and Tosker,  likes his home comfort!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
Shirley we took on 3 ferals from a colny last year after someone poisoned the rst - Miss Cissy is 16 and loves food, heat and her own beds - she will let us stroke her and she puirrs like a rusty engine we have her 2 kids aged 10 Smudger and ragamuffin - Smudger is food orientated but soesn't worry if we aren't around and ragamuffin is so food driven she has doubled in size she is now like a grey and white longhaired rugby ball but we can brush her for about 2 mins now before she gets narky

None of this lot has tried to get out in their time with us they look at the weather through the windows and then curl up and go back to sleep! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Yes think you need a new thread lol or I can move this one to general and you can change the title  ;D

How do you pronounce Chuch?

Charlie looks and sounds so like Tosker. triggers new indoor cat LOL

Sounds like Charlie just knows this is the home for him  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
Just a couple more pics, tho' i suppose i should start a new thread now! Charlie is still so well behaved and he had a wander around last night (when Chuch was out of course!) and even used Chuchy's litter tray-oops! Chuch spotted him through the door and had a growl at him, but he slept on my bed last night (the previous 2 nights he didn't want to know and slept on the chest of drawers! They're both now asleep, on separate beds of course, and no problem with Chuch even tho' Charlie's scent must be everywhere!
I can't believe how well Charlie has taken to being confined, after all, the first 6 years of his life were in a factory, and since then, he's either been on the run, or at Cramar (plus one week at the CDSs)

The last one is of Chuch 'hiding' under the clothes horse staring at Charlie's room!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2009, 15:08:23 PM »
Charlie always used to give his mommy some good headbutts! He was so excited at work when he saw us coming to feed them, the two off them would trot down the bay (factory) nutting each other, it was so cute to watch!
Having a good day so far-Chuch is still inside, on my bed after having his dinner earlier. I'd been out for a couple of hours, left them both inside, no aggro from Chuch when i got back, so fingers
crossed!!
I bought Charlie ONE cat nip fish, but he's not really interested in it! I'll try him with Chuchy's treat ball later (cos he's not interested in that!)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2009, 12:09:21 PM »
Tosker is another violent head banger - I suppose they see us as their mother and the butting is a throw back to their kittenhood when it was intended to bring them a regular milk supply  :shocked:

I can cope with the butting but I do have problems with the all teeth and saliva facial rub :sick: :sick:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »
Just give Chuch lots of love so he knows that he is loved too  :hug:

I understand being sensitive and think I go through all the cat problems with mine. Franta head butts everything and worry he will hurt his llittle head when I hear him clonking it on furniture.......sigh

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »
Shirley that will be 2 of all the catnip toys! ;)

Sometimes they just play us and we fall for it everytime - happened here this morning Sweetie wouldn't eat her treat meal so I open another 2 small tims and a sachet and she goes and eats the "normal" cat food in the hall meanwhile world war 3 declared so the others can have something special out of the white bowl! :shocked:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2009, 07:21:44 AM »
Thanks for that Trigger, that's helped!

:rofl: Bazsmum!

I've always been a sensitive soul, sometimes wish i wasn't and could switch off from things!

Chuch slept on top of my chest of drawers last night, on my jeans, cos i hadn't put them away-oops! He went out at 4.30 came in for his brekkie, and went out again!

Charlie is such a fusspost-he headbutts so hard, i wonder he doesn't knock himself out! lol

I'm getting him some little toys (cat nip stuff) today so hope he'll like that!! xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2009, 00:32:04 AM »
You may be responsible for the rain though!  :sneaky: :evillaugh: :hug:

You are a sensitive sole though arnt you, you would laugh in here to see what happens with my lot, they can be friends with who ever, then not, then huffing etc etc!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I do feel that Charlie is absolutely in love with you and your environment, Chuchy is just been curious, slightly wondering who the intruder is in his new home etc....

Now dont you dare cry anymore Shirl.....You are loved by two beautiful babes, what more could you need and possibly want (please keep your answer clean!  :naughty: :rofl: :hug: )

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2009, 22:59:53 PM »
I think you're over analysing hun :hug:

most of us, if we're honest, don't know why our cats behave as they do - even after many years they can surprise us

but I think it's best to remember they do not have huge brains - Chuch won't understand that you are responsible for the appearance of GB, and so he isn't capable of holding it against you
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2009, 22:55:02 PM »
Yeah, i see that, but i cried my eyes out tonight, worrying, then Chuch lay on my lap asleep for an hour, which was lovely. then he decided he wanted food, so while he was eating, i fetched GB's dish to give him some. For the first time since GB's been here, he wanted to go out the front door, after a couple of tail flicks by GB's room, but , as i walked past  him to open the door, he 'yeowled' at me!!! Why????

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2009, 21:24:24 PM »
the way I looked at it when Tosker decided he wanted fuss, was that he had gained a huge amount by coming in from the cold, having regular meals and a warm place by the fire

whereas Trigger and Tiffany had lost their exclusive access to me

so Tosker has to be third when it comes to my attention for the time being, until the two incumbents realise they are not really losers after all
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2009, 20:02:49 PM »
One outta two ain't bad , i suppose lol!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2009, 19:36:00 PM »
Its happy  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2009, 19:33:56 PM »
That brought me to tears!!     :'(     I wish Chuch could read! He had a growl at me about haf an hour ago-he wanted to go out, but changed his mind when he saw it was pouring with rain. I went to stroke him and,  bingo!

Just been in to see GB-he had his mad headbutting session, then he lay down next to me-awww!      He's always kneading (is that the right word?) with one leg up in the air, then vice versa. When he was lying down, his toes are still going! Is this nerves or happy lol?  xxx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2009, 17:53:22 PM »
Positive vibes being sent to Chuchy...Your meowmy still loves you sweetie, she just has a big heart and needs you to open yours!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Tell him to read that!  :evillaugh: ;) :hug:

It will all work out....Im sure!  :wow:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2009, 17:46:13 PM »
Just have to see how it goes and hope for the best lol!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2009, 16:57:17 PM »
Could be the vet smell too, it was'nt that long ago poor Chuchy was bitten and Im sure that memory of the vets is still strong!  :hug:

Its really too early to say 100% though, but I still feel this is soooo in the right direction!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2009, 16:36:16 PM »
I think there may be a territorial tussle too, Shirley

I put some of his favourite Dreamies on top of my cat tree, for Trigger, who had just taken over the spot from Tosker - he wouldn't touch them

an hour later he has scoffed them eagerly from the floor - which suggests to me his presence on the tree was to reclaim his spot, and he was not willing to eat from a surface smelling of Tosker
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2009, 16:30:28 PM »
Just had another thought (God, my brain's going to explode!!) I wonder if Charlie smelt of vets as well as himself yesterday (he'd only been blood tested and chipped the day before)   and that was why Chuch was so hostile, but seemingly ok today?? Just ignore me if that's a daft question lol!    :-:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2009, 16:15:28 PM »
Looking very good indeed!  ;D ;D ;D

That's a really good sign Shirley, can you imagine when the scents blend and that is what cats really go on....I think this is all gonna work out much better than imagined!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

So Charlie is on top of the bed.....This boy know's where his bread is buttered!  ;) :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2009, 16:05:11 PM »
Relaxed around me? He nearly knocks himself out when he's headbutting me lol!

The last twice i've been in he's been sprawled on top of the bed like he owns the place lol!

Chuch has been asleep on my bed for the last hour or so, and i went for a lie down by him and he was a good boy, even with GB's scent on me! Looking good????

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2009, 15:57:47 PM »
Aw Shirl I am so happy for you both!  :wow: :wow: :wow:

Them pics are gorgeous, look at his face....He is in love, does not look to me like he would even want to escape from you!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Chuchy lol, Like I said they know of each other now, in a few days time his old scent will be gone and hopefully Chuchy will feel much calmer!  ;)

Under the bed is his safe Haven for now, most cats would stay under for a while....I mean after you not seeing him for such a long time look how relaxed he is around you! Really heart warming to see!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2009, 14:43:47 PM »
his past has probably made him completely adaptable, but he is now at an age when he is ready to settle down once and for all

now all you need to do is persuade Chuch to be adaptable too

and Charlie is a lovely boy, and quite like Tosker to look at, although at least half as big again :Luv:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2009, 14:09:42 PM »
He's just gorgeous isn't he? It's hard to believe he spent the first 6 years of his life in a dirty steel factory, then in rescue with ferals, then on the run, one week in a house, then on the run again for 11 weeks-he's so well behaved!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2009, 13:50:22 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2009, 13:39:04 PM »
i love him  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2009, 13:32:40 PM »
Here's two more!       

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2009, 13:31:20 PM »
Chuchy went out again earlier on and i let GB have a roam about. When Chuch came in, he didn't hiss or anything-      :yayyy: He wanted some food, but what he'd left before had gone! (Wonder where lol!) I put some fresh stuff down, but he just sniffed and walked away, so i put another flavour and the same thing happened! Chuch does this sometimes, anyway, but i suppose it's got GB's scent on from nicking his food! 
Here's some pics i took yesterday, his first day. Most of them are under the bed-ignore the mess but i've got nowhere else to put it lol! xx
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 13:33:21 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2009, 06:34:41 AM »
Hi Bazsmum, yes i am! He's been SO good-but, oh, the joy of the litter tray lol! He's never made a sound in the night, and when i got up, he was sitting on the windowsill, with the lovely aroma of his second poo filling the room lol! I gave him his breakfast and left him to it, then went back in and he had some fuss, then back under the bed.
Chuch has been a pest lol! He was on my bed, right in the middle, when i went to bed last night and i squeezed on the end! After a while, he went out of the room, but he was scratching the carpet at 1am to go out!!!! I let him out, then at 4 am, i called him in-he was just sitting lookin up at the tree-duh!! At 5.30, we had the scratching carpet thing, but i ignored it, and i got up at 6am. He just wanted to go out again. He always goes out the back door now, cos he has to walk past Charlie's room to go out the front door, (i'm in a bungalow)  which he always has done, 9 times out of ten! xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2009, 01:49:02 AM »
Are you on trial then for becoming Charlie's fully fledged owner?  :wow: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Glad Chuchy has made up with you....very early day's on the best of pals front, may never even come to that but Im sure that two cats could live in harmony in their fab home!  ;) :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Best of luck with them both, remember any probs or whatever just give a holla!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2009, 20:34:16 PM »
LOL Liz! x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2009, 20:16:25 PM »
We had the Waterybutt ferals Miss Cissy and Smudger and Ragamuffin in the downstairs study for 3 weeks last year with a solid door and they have been well accepted by our mob - Colony cats are usually in our experience the ones who accept all incommers so I'm sure he will be tolerated by Chuchy eventually just lots of bribes will be involved!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2009, 20:09:23 PM »
I've just been to see him and he came out of his igloo bed-awwww! He seems happy enough-just have to convince Chuch HE is !!   ;)

Thanks Liz, my doors are those solid panel ones so they can't even see each other..................... :(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 20:13:22 PM by Shirley »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2009, 20:03:45 PM »
Don't they know how to mess with our minds ;)

I wouldn't let them meet just yet  and we have never done introductions like that we usually have the incommers in a cat pen in the downstairs study so they see the cats but can't react to each other or in the ensuite bathroom to one of our bedroom the one in the visitors quarters has a 12 pane glass door from a small hall in to the corridor so again they can see each other but not mix although we usually take some of the nicer children for a sniff

Good luck - just extra treats for Chuchy!!!!! ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2009, 19:56:48 PM »
Thank you all for your support! No, i'm not fostering, Cramar aren't big enough to cover that-they gave me some goodies for him tho!

I worry that GB (Charlie) is shut in, and he's hiding under the bed, but he soon comes out for some headbutting-he was always a good headbutter lol! I changed the tray and he pooed in the fresh stuff-bless him!

Chuch is outside AGAIN, but i've been able to fuss him without getting swiped! He never sulks with me, so this is so upsetting.     :(

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2009, 19:24:35 PM »
Awww Shirley, Bless you Hun for giving it a go.  Dont be disheartened with a bit of hissing and growling - Im sure they will settle down  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Are you fostering GB and are they helping you with costs etc
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2009, 18:45:01 PM »
so pleased you are giving it a go, Shirley

Tiffany still growls and hisses at Tosker, and they both wave fairly ineffective paws at each other - but I notice neither ever has a bottle-brush tail or raised hackles, which are the signs of real aggression - so I reckon it is just them being two cats doing their thing

I wouldn't bother too much about the odd skirmish - you'll soon know if it gets really nasty :scared:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Link to CatChat