Author Topic: The Coronation Sreet cat and Tony Gordon  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: The Coronation Sreet cat and Tony Gordon
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 16:36:16 PM »
I haven't watched soaps for years but I hate to see things like that on TV whether real or not it sends out bad messages I think
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 16:32:46 PM »
So glad that the cat has now been found and was being looked after by a neighbour of Jed.  Still no news on the dog.

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 18:11:32 PM »
I know, I felt mad when I watched it

Yes I was quite annoyed too - I said to Hubby - well that is going to make people hate him even more. And when the old guy bless him asked about his cat while in hospital - I had a very watery eye  :'(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »
No, the cat was carried out of the house and placed on the street - I thought that bit was bad on the part of the scriptwriter, I know he is a nasty person - but how many cats would allow themselves to be held like that by a person they didn't know.
Please spay your cat

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 19:24:30 PM »
Yvonne, I think you meant the CAT was left in the house, not the dog!!   :naughty: :hug:

Yes, things like that annoy me - as soon as I saw him dying on the floor, my first thought was for the cat.  I know it's only a programme but there's enough cruelty around without showing someone leaving a cat to fend for itself.  But then again, that's TV for you and we are just the little voice of the people - no one will take any notice of us.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 16:31:48 PM »
I know, I felt mad when I watched it

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
The Coronation Sreet cat and Tony Gordon
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:40 AM »
Now I know its not real but I am surprised that nobody else has posted about this already.

For those of you that don't watch Coronation Street - Tony Gordon has a heated exchange with an old man in his house, old man has heart attack, Tony Gordon reluctantly calls ambulance, ambulance arrives and takes old man away.  Tony carries cat (which looks Persian) out of the house and says you are on your own now and the dog is left in the house presumably with no food and water.

very sad even though it is only a story

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Link to CatChat