Author Topic: Changes to Beauticat?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Changes to Beauticat?
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »
I get pah wood pellets and noticed alot of darker harder pellets mixed in it, the dark bits were much less absorbant, new bag is back to normal tho

Gill i think the ref to hydrocarbons is because all the wood dust used is waste product from industrial processing so x amount of unwanted stuff eg hydrocarbons will be on the wood, i find the odd misc items in sacks of pellets plastic etc
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:14:40 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 22:26:05 PM »
all wood pellets are made from some part of the wood and maybe i am missing something here but what hydrocarbons does it have?

Offline spud

• Adult Cat
    • A Coombs Est. 1934
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 22:22:32 PM »
It is made from woodshavings and I don't think the dust or the hydrocarbons would be good for cats

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 19:10:47 PM »
I thought so too - I don't buy it that often (I prefer the litter I get from my feed store) but bought two bags of it a fee weeks ago.  Not impressed with it at all, it seemed to turn to sawdust if my cats looked at it.  Definitely not neutralising the urine smell as well and lacking in that woody smell you get when you first change the litter. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »
I have never come across this one but I use Smart cat and the last 4 bags have changed pellet size to much larger and also dont think it smells as good as it used to.

I know in the past sometimes the pellets have been darker and then they change back to normal colour again.............why cant they all stop messing around grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Pooky

• Adult Cat
Changes to Beauticat?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:30:52 AM »
Is it just me or is the wood shade considerably darker and the pellets much longer than they used to be?

When I was cleaning out his tray the other day I got a definite whiff of urine and it just seemed that it wasn't neutralising the smell as well as it normally would. Usually after a complete litter change I'm very aware of the 'woody' smell but even this doesn't seem as strong.

The pellets used to be smaller and lighter in shade with a strong pine smell.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Link to CatChat