Author Topic: Thats it, blame the cats!  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Thats it, blame the cats!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 22:11:50 PM »
laid up in bed tied to his play station with mummy dearest running up and down the stairs ministering to his needs.

SNAP...thats what my son is doing after spending 3hrs up at EmDoc the other night (although mine is 18yrs old)

Hope You Boy feels better soon....and Thank goodness You know to ignore the silly Dr's  :evillaugh:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 19:52:43 PM »
Son is ok, I think the fact that he has started his school hols a week before everyone else has softened the blow of being laid up in bed tied to his play station with mummy dearest running up and down the stairs ministering to his needs.

After all that he has caused a muscle to tear from the bone with his violent coughing, but that in itself is blooming painful. 'Rest' says the Dr, there was me wondering about how much more rest can said teenager get as he is usually horizontal anyway!  :rofl:
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 19:40:23 PM »
I know the story.
I had a severe allergy once end of August
Doctor said it COULD be hayfever but if it didn't go, we would have to consider getting rid of the cats.
Come October, no more allergy.
My daughter is very allergic, but she had 6 cats for years.

Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 19:36:40 PM »
Oh, Dear  :(  :hug:

I hope your son is OK.

It so frustrating that some GPs jump to the conclusion that pets (and especially cats) are responsible in a case like this. 

Years ago, when I fostered cats, two nearly came back to me as their new owners girlfriend had developed an itchy rash on her face.  He panicked - blamed the cats .....

It turned out she had actually an allergy to his aftershave ....   :tired:
People Power Works!!!

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 19:32:38 PM »
Blimey no wonder we rescues have the amount of cats given up due to allergies that that we do.  :censored:

That's so true, I am very pleased to have proved to my Mother in Law that my Husband, is not allergic to cats and they do not aggrivate the asthma he had as a child and shows absolutely no signs of now :rofl:

Hope your Son is feeling better and makes a speedy recovery xx

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Thats it, blame the cats!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 19:27:47 PM »
15 year old son has been poorly, went to GP's yesterday who prescribed chest infection and gave AB's. As son also has asthma we need to be careful.

Lesser spotted teenager wakes up this morning and promptly collapses with left sided chest pain and problems breathing. GP receptionist obviously trained with the SS so 999 was dialled. Said son and one very (but trying not to show it)worried and near to tears mum take a nice ride to A&E.

Students Doctors examine son and ask about home life. Up comes the "Do you have pets?". Yes said I and mention my feline charges. There was a clear look of disapproval from said doctors and they were informed very quickly by me that cats are not permitted in son's bedroom and vacuming is done on a frequent basis to reduce dander and I KNOW that the cats are not the issue here. They were also reminded that son was diagnosed at age 5 with asthma and has been reared with cats from a babe in arms.

Blimey no wonder we rescues have the amount of cats given up due to allergies that that we do.  :censored:
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Link to CatChat