Author Topic: Hey all = )  (Read 2899 times)

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
Re: Hey all = )
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 18:58:22 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: Hi jess and kitts, You will love this forum the people here are so welcoming. you will find we are all cat mad. :catplay2: :catluv:  These are my two, Tilly and Scooby.
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 13:35:06 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 18:26:48 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: not confused at all  :innocent:

Midsummer in UK the same date every year  :wow:

Offline ChipNBams-Bams

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Chip & Bamse
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 13:03:37 PM »
Hey all, thanks for understanding =)

Well Midsummer is a different date really each year, but I will have their birthday on the day of midsummer lol.
I took this from the Swedish information about it. So if the translation is a bit off, I apologize lol.

Midsummer 2013 date in Sweden is Friday 22 June. Midsummer is celebrated around the summer solstice, which in 2012 was 19 June at 17:16. Midsummer is then 3 days later on 22 June and it's a Friday. It is always a Friday but the dates vary slightly from year to year. That it is a Friday match pretty well because it is not only the maypole that stands and leans perhaps because, there is a weekend right after the preferred option for most people maybe.
Dont know if all this made any sense lol - But

Well so really their birthday would really be on different dates all together, although same month.
But as I am getting old (cough cough) I find it easier to remember, its on the actual day of Midsummer lol....
So Chip is born on  2011- June- 24 while Bamse was born on 2010- June- 25 on midsummer lol So this year midsummer will be on 21st of June =) But to make it easier for my slow brain, I will celebrate their birthdays on "Midsummer" =)

Did I confuse you all now, cause I sure confused me =)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 13:10:08 PM by ChipNBams-Bams »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 14:54:56 PM »
We are all sorts of cat weirdos here  :rofl: :rofl:

Ummmmmmm doesnt mid-summer come on the same date for all?

Is mid-summer in Sweden the time where it stays light for 24 hrs or are you not far enough north?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 06:55:53 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  Jess - no, we don't judge you at all - there are more than a few of us on here who would probably be considered a bit "weird" by our friends, neighbours and relatives, so don't you worry about that!  ;)

Chips and Bamse sound like true characters.  How lovely that they can share their birthday, and that it's Midsummer.  On what day does that fall in Sweden?

So Bamse is a nose fan  :evillaugh:  Ross (who's a ginger tabby) likes ears.  Well, right ears, to be precise.  And that seems to be my right ear more than just any old ear.  When he's feeling sleepy or in need of comfort, he likes to suck on my earlobe, and paddle his paws on my neck and cheek, and it sends him off to sleep.  Must remind him of when he was a very young kitten, suckling from his Mum. 

I love the different ways our cats have of showing us affection.   :Luv:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 19:14:45 PM »
Hi Jess  :welcome: to Purrs  :)

Offline ChipNBams-Bams

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 18:49:31 PM »
Well thank you all for the warm welcome  :Luv:

My cats are going to be 2 and 3 on the midsummer, one of them are born at that day (Swedish date for midsummer) and the other was 1 year when we got him which Chip ( the first one midsummer cat) was 6 months, so I figure (if you fallowed me now lol) that they both have the same day just to keep a track on it.

Bamse (Bamse is a name for the strongest bear in children's story book which is a bear), (Bams-bams / BB) is a cat who have travelled from home to home for about 2 times before me, so I am his 3rd home. =) He is way to kind for his own good.
He is grey, a bit darker grey then Chip, they look the same with different lvls on their colour lol.
He "rapes" noses lol.. he love noses.... weird cat haha. Bur adorable. Neutered.

Chip, he will be 2 this summer... a true loyal male cat to me.... he listen to me when I klick my tongue and as soon as I say "Bams-bams" he is the one rushing to me... he talks to much... way to much... like... "sigh... to much" lol.

He is a bit of a pittbull, he never ever comes home with more then a scratch on his nose while BB have been in very serious cat fights with limping legs and last time now he had a quit big wound on his nose, all heal well though.
These are outdoor cats, we live so they can be outside, we have no main roads near us but unfrotunate there are other cats around.
BB is very homey boy and like to keep his stuff near home, which I suspect other cats do too and then they get into a bit of fights.
While Chip... he like to have half Sweden.

Chip just got Neutered a while back and he has calmed down a bit, but still his talking self =)
I will post photos of them for you.

Sweden is a bit different to the UK and other countries, so you know if you find some of the things I write weird lol
Although I have lived in the UK for 10 years and know a bit of the mentality is a bit different = )

Hope you dont judge me to hard =)  :Luv2:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 16:22:06 PM »
Hiya Jess and  :welcome: to purrs  :)
Looking forward to seeing pics of your furkids Chip and Bams-Bams  :evillaugh:  ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 16:13:06 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 15:18:06 PM »
 :welcome: To purrs  :welcome: from all at lostcatsbrighton  :welcome:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 14:41:03 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I echo every thing that Sue has said  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

Hello Jess - a very warm Purrs welcome to you and to Chip and Bam-Bams  :welcome:  Of course you're welcome - we don't care where people live, if they share our passion for cats and all things cat-related, then all are welcome.   ;D

It's a super forum, and hopefully you'll find loads of interesting stuff to read, join in with and enjoy. 

What about your puds - how old are they, what colours are they and how did they come to be with you?   :)

Offline ChipNBams-Bams

• Kitten
Hey all = )
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »
Hey all, I am jess, owner of 2 moggies  =) Living in Sweden tho, but hope thats ok. Looks like a great forum to hang out in  =))

Link to CatChat