Author Topic: some question's for Mark !!!  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: some question's for Mark !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 16:03:36 PM »
I'm not Mark either! but heres my experience so far.

My Jasper is on Fortekor, I'm not sure if he's doing any better on it with regard to actual blood results, as I've not done follow up bloods yet, but he's no worse in himself, albeit a little bit lethargic, but is hard to tell if thats the CRF or the fortekor,  he's got a good appetite though. He is at mid stage renal failure so perhaps its working better for him than it did for Suzie, who was only started on fortekor at pretty much end stage. Jasper's creatinine was 349 (normal between 71-212) and his urea was 17.1 (normal between 5.7-12.9) so don't know how that compares to Misty's results?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 15:44:24 PM »
Thank's Milly's Mum, I made post Public, then I thought I should have PM'd Mark instead??(which i Have done now ;))
Then I thought of two reason's that it was just as well I made it Public.
1/ I am open to any advice etc, and maybe some other member's on here have had Experiance with Fortekor who could post !

2/ Also by making it Public, other People will gain Knowledge about Fortekor, cause since My Hamish was Diagnosed with CRF, I have
Discovered that Kidney Failure is Quite a Common ailment in older cat's  :(

Thank's for your post ;)

edit: no He's just got the Wet food, trying to get as much Moisture into the wee sod as Possible :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 15:46:25 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 15:31:11 PM »
Thats great he hasnt got any worse since the last lot of bloods  ;D
Iv seen Fortekor really help cats, theres always the chance of side effects as you may remember from swampmaxmums thread.
Its much better if you make sure you give it every day without fail.

Does he have renal dry too or just the pouches? It sounds like he still enjoys his food which is good as they can get picky like Clapton, who has worked out how to get his slave working hard!

Edit to add, i know im not mark but as 28 other people had a look i thought i would too!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 15:32:16 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
some question's for Mark !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »
Hi Mark, as you probably know Misty Blue has been to the vet's for a check up and has had His blood's done
unfortunately he has the Begining's of CRF :( But he got a more intensive blood analysis done
(I'm still waiting for the full result's from the Lab's in Aberdeen & I dont have the his in-house
result's in black and white, But the Vet Phoned today, and seemed Very Cheerful in telling me that there
has been no change since Misty's blood's were taken last, and It has been caught in the Very Early stages  :wow:

But she told me today that he'll be putten on Very Good Medication ( Fortekor ) and I kinda Class you as well
educated in the area as you have Clapton  :Luv:

Obviously I will have a good talk with the vet about Fortekor, and try and find out all I can, but then I thought
it might be best asking you if you have any advice or question's I could/should ask Her??

I will have a search on the net also, but that can mean a lot of reading :( and actually asking someone who has
experiance with Fortekor, should narrow it down to the most "relevant bit's" if you know what I mean ;)

Gratefull for any Comment's

Stuart....

Edit: I'm giving Misty two sachette's of his Renal food per day, which on average He's maybe eating one per day
and I throw out the rest (Misty has Never been Greedy) He's a Big Cat and is currently 5:4 kgs in weight
but i want him to eat it all !! I suppose it doesn't help that I also give Misty a Chicken leg at bedtime :-[
I was laughing at him yesterday cause he was purring when he was eating it ;D He usually only does that with
the Chiken or Fish  :evillaugh:

How Much per day does Clapton eat ??
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 13:33:21 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Link to CatChat