Author Topic: Tesco - 2 large chickens for £5  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Tesco - 2 large chickens for £5
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 17:33:08 PM »
Double srtandards maybe but I try to only buy orgainic freerange - I know its a lot more expensive but I tell myself that at least the chickens were well cared for 9until they were brutally slaughtered  :-[ )
We only eat meat once or twice a week so I don't mind. We normally get a good meal + a soup/casserole out of it + 2 meals for clapton ( the girls won't eat it ) so don't think £7 for a chicken is too bad.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 16:08:01 PM »
When it comes to the cats, I put my squeamishness aside,

Oh! my cats do get the chicken treats but not from the whole chicken, just the breast. I often cook 2 or 3 breasts for them as a treat.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 14:07:14 PM »
When it comes to the cats, I put my squeamishness aside, I'm a dab hand at pulling a carcass to pieces. Just have a bowl of hot soapy water nearby.
It always reminds me of sunday lunches at home and my dad (RIP) would almost demolish the bones the get the last of the meat at the table- mind you a chicken seemed to go a lot further in those days.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 13:58:41 PM »
I know what I would prefer, I am sure I would be hard pressed to  touch a chicken if my life depended on it. I have to buy the individually chicken breasts, I can just about bear to touch those.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Tesco - 2 large chickens for £5
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 13:47:59 PM »
I do normally insist on free range but couldn'r resist at this price (for the cats and OH).

It's crazy when a large chicken costs less than a box of felix/whiskas satchets.

Now come on, which do you think they prefer ? a sachet of food or 1/12th of a chicken, lol.

Link to CatChat