Author Topic: fat cat versus thin cat  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: fat cat versus thin cat
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 17:47:54 PM »
Is fat cat capable of getting up high? You could leave food for skinny cat somewhere high.

Start fatty on an exercise plan! Lazer pens are good and make her work for her food eg throwing her food so she has to chase it.
If you can give her more wet food than dry she will feel fuller but will consume less calories.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 20:46:41 PM »
When I had overweight and underweight cats, I used to feed them in separate rooms and be on the watch for them all the time - if you put a collar with a bell on the fat cat, you can hear if he is eating the food!! And then when the overweight cats were elsewhere, i used to give the underweight ones more - but that worked as the girls preferred my room, and the boys went out.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 20:38:01 PM »
Actually I have no idea, but would be interested in suggestion, since Lexy paces herself all day and can have food out all day, she eats when she wants. Estella.. well according to what I know from Teresa, this one will eat anything in her way... would be good to know how to manage this when you have limited blocked areas to feed them.

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
fat cat versus thin cat
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 20:28:30 PM »
Hope you can help i have 1 overweight cat and one cat that needs to eat consistanly as he has a fast metabolism so biscuits have to be left down all day

How can i stop my fat cat eating them as he gobbles them all up while the thin cat eats little and often, i dont have doors just a open plan house

Link to CatChat