Author Topic: Interesting article from what my local rag.  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Interesting article from what my local rag.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 17:45:26 PM »
The sad thing is, it might have been treatable now but I think veterinary surgery has come on a long way since the early 70's. We were all so upset, we blamed my mum and told her she was a witch and we hated her  :-: She was the good guy in all this as we were very hard up and she saved Tipsy's life - I feel terrible now but as a 9 year old, it was a different story.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

fuzziesdad

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 17:27:17 PM »
MARK saidShortly afterwards Tipsy haemorraged bady and had to be PTS

poor baby,I have just heard from a good friend of mine that a cat that was obviously a stray had died after he had been feeding it for a while and was about to take it to the vet and the poor lad just keeled over and died and he was told by an uncaring neighbour that it "was only a cat" but as I said to him and say to you both little mites knew love before they left this world.

RIP tipsy
RIP cool colin.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 17:19:17 PM »
I think (and hope) they mean that people can't keep animals in cages in their house or tie dogs up to a tree like our old neighbour did. The poor girl (Tipsy) was nounted by every randy dog in the area and our neighbours then said they were having her "put down" because she was pregnant. My mum stepped in and took tipsy on. She then rehomed the pups. Shortly afterwards Tipsy haemorraged bady and had to be PTS
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

fuzziesdad

Interesting article from what my local rag.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 17:02:06 PM »
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/localnews/display.var.1300592.0.how_fat_cat_law_could_catch_you_out.php

can someone please tell me what "express normal behavior" means for cats and dogs,I would have thought that meant cats would be let loose to have as many kittens as they could and dogs would roam round in packs scavenging through dustbins and producing puppies until we are knee deep in pups and kittens or do they mean express normal behavior as we see it and not the animals.

or am I being and old cynic AGAIN?

Link to CatChat