Author Topic: help need FAB cattery for wed  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: help need FAB cattery for wed
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 16:04:26 PM »
I agree with Susanne, our local cattery isn't FAB listed as they charge the catteries quite a large fee to belong. Bearing in mind ours (and probably others) only charge £6.00 a day, it's a big chunk out of their profit for a certificate.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 14:23:49 PM »
Maybe you could ring around and ask them to put you on a waiting list for any cancellations, if you explain the circumstances they might be a bit more sympathetic than if you were just one of the many people who were surprised by Easter's arrival and ring to see if there's any spaces..

Good luck  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
Good luck with finding somewhere.  Bear in mind that although being FAB listed is a good thing, not all good catteries are FAB recommended.  If you have a successful cattery that's fully booked most of the time there's not much incentive to bother getting it FAB registered.  The cattery I use is not FAB listed but I consider it an excellent cattery.  You also really do need to go and look around to check it out - in fact good catteries will want you to do that and will be reluctant to take a booking from someone new without you doing so.  Although I realise that will be difficult with time being so short.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
help need FAB cattery for wed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 20:00:14 PM »
we found out today that we are deffo moving thur but we need to get the girls in the cattery but it is booked up case of bank hol
i need help , i need a FAB cattery in south yorks cause we are plastering and mango has had anouther asthma attack  :(

Link to CatChat