Author Topic: Advice re: neutering vouchers  (Read 1331 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: Advice re: neutering vouchers
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 13:21:44 PM »
Believe me, if we had a caller who was willing to take the cat, care for it etc then we'd send the voucher asap! I'd still ask him to be put on the list for rescues as then at least he's on there and being lookd after time the time comes - good luck getting him in a basket - he sounds like a handful!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:17:45 PM »
Yes you can although some places will swear blind they cant help you if your not on benefits  :tired: i love to call their bluff and advise them otherwise  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 23:42:47 PM »
CP should be able to give you a voucher.........and he sounds lovely  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 22:10:00 PM »
Yes I'd like to get him on  the list as well Mark .... but I know the situation at the moment "kitten Season"  -  rescues packed to the rafters etc etc etc  so I'm happy to take him to the vet, look after him post -op etc (he will have to stay in the shed) and then get him on the list when things calm down a bit.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 21:38:49 PM »
Yes! - Your branch of CP should be able to sort it.

No chance of getting him on a list to be homed?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Advice re: neutering vouchers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 21:34:21 PM »
I know I should probably know the answer to this but I was wondering if it's possible to get a free neutering voucher if your aren't on benefits.  I have a lovely ginger entire male who comes to visit me every evening .... he's a real sweetie, pops round and has a bit of cat milk and a pouch of wet food then trots off down the garden, sprays on my Ivy and disseapears over the fence. 

I tried putting a paper collar on him to see if he had an owner and lasted approx 30 seconds ..... he kicked, struggled and ripped it straight off  :rofl:.  I really think he is a stray who lives by his wits and cunning.  He is obviously an outdoor boy ... you can tell from his coat and whenever it's raining he can be found snuggled up in my rabbit hutch.

Although I can't offer him a permanent home I really think he needs "doing" - for his sake and for the sake of the potential "kitten" population in the area. 

So my question is can I get a voucher to get him done?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat