Author Topic: the mystery of the missing black cat  (Read 966 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: the mystery of the missing black cat
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 18:22:19 PM »
Im so glad all turned out OK!

Some time back we had  new hot water tank fitted - bet you can guess the rest! 

I couldnt find Chloe ANYWHERE :( - I kept hearing plaintive little mews and it was hard to tell who was becoming more distressed - her or me. I was very worried about what my OH would say if he came home from work and she was missing - I think he loves Chloe more than me!!
 Finally opened the airing cupboard door and out strolled Chloe, with one ear tastefully decorated with  cob-web.  I think she must have squeezed right behind the tank to explore and I just hadnt spotted her when I  shut the door ...     :doh:

Alls well that ends well :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: the mystery of the missing black cat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 17:24:10 PM »
 :rofl: that so reminds me of Byron, she's always doing that, she got in the bottom deep kitchen drawer once and we searched all over the house and kept calling her outside.  She also once made me late after getting in the wardrobe when I'd got my clothes out to go out!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
the mystery of the missing black cat
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 16:54:17 PM »
Esther disappeared last night. Gone. No sign. I concluded there was no point trying to find a black cat on a dark night without a torch so just left the kitchen light on and went to bed. Got up bright and early to look for her (so much for that extra hour of sleep) and started wondering how to find a black cat in a street that has at least 8 black cats within five doors of me. As I pondered this puzzle over my porridge, I heard Esther squawking, apparently underfoot. Ha! thinks me. Someone is doing work on their house and she has got underneath the house. Opened all the cupboards, but still no Esther, so decided to let her figure it out for herself and went back to doing the washing. But still no sign of Esther by 3 so started actively searching - knocking on doors but no, no-one was renovating. Still sounds of Esther underfoot and I am getting to the point where I am working out how to remove an air brick and get her out, before someone else gets in there (not mentioning any names ...). The just as I am going out the back door to get the cold chisel and mallet, the call comes once more - just off to one side...

Yup, you got it. She was in the teatowel drawer (more washing to do then ...). One opening the drawer, she gave a bit of a stretch, hopped out at a leisurely pace, and demanded food. Both are now well fed and Esther is having a bit of a grumble on the stairs... Whew!

Link to CatChat