Author Topic: Do cats really have a kitten/pre-cat/cat personality?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Do cats really have a kitten/pre-cat/cat personality?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 07:06:57 AM »
It sounds like Charlie, he is just 18 months and gradually starting to chill and become more affection.  His looks have changed from kitten to cat and his coat, too, is changing and his marking are coming more prounounced.  He is still a dreadful adolescent when the mood takes him but is certainly more affection.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Do cats really have a kitten/pre-cat/cat personality?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:27 AM »
Thats what I call teamwork!  ;)

Welcome back you too, however, I have to ask... Where are the pictures of the gorgeous duo? How can we possily offer advice if we can't see 'em?  :naughty:

I guess those with Bengals will be more likely to be able to advise about the terrible twos as this might be breed specific. I personally have found with mine that the older she gets the more chilled she is. My sister has an 18 month old that is about the same as Teoh in that she is very loving now whereas before she would rather be zooming about the house and not very cuddly.

Still waiting for the pics...  :shify:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
Do cats really have a kitten/pre-cat/cat personality?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 23:40:28 PM »
Hi all, quite a long time no speak to  :Luv2:

For all of you who know about me, Debs, Teoh and Howard...I can happily tell you that Teoh has come through his 'troubles' and is A-OK  ;D

We recently went on holiday, and as usual were worried about leaving our cats home alone....but moreso coming back and having them blank us (as previously) when we got back  :(

To our surprise, we came back from a week in Madeira to find Teoh (now 18 months) had totally lost his aloof behaviour and is now following us everywhere and snuggling up on the sofa each night just like when he was was a baby

Howard (now 13 months was originally far more loving than Teoh but he is now starting the 'aloof' behaviour Teoh showed at this age, although he is still a loving cat

We were wondering if they go through a 'terrible two' stage at this age or slight adolescent behaviour before adulthood?

Teoh is now totally relaxed and Howard hopefully will hit 18 months and go back to the way he was when he first arrived with us we hope?

Their attitude and behaviour has changed considerably since we had them as kittens and we were thinking it may be the same as human behaviour, child to adulthood?

Calling on your knowledge out their please?

Ps: Teoh's fur/pelt has totally changed in the last few months......his pelt is now seperating like a wild cat  :Luv: we guess that is normal but is it?

Much love to you all...Debs x

(jules started the post, debs finished it and filled in the gaps)

:Luv:

I'm a bloke :O)

Link to CatChat