Author Topic: Butterfly numbers down - and I know why!  (Read 1070 times)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Re: Butterfly numbers down - and I know why!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
Heaven help me - we had another 3 yesterday!!!  I'd like to see your pic as well BC.  Last year OH found a death's head hawk moth caterpillar in the garden - horrid big thing  :sick:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 01:26:53 AM »
Would like to see it cos never seen one.

no Puddy you are not mad, they just like to make you think you are  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 18:47:34 PM »
Come to think of it, maybe we're both loopy

nah she just has you well trained  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have just taken a photo of what I think is a leopard moth at my front door that so far remains undiscovered. Once the camera's batteries have recovered I will post it as proof that cats and flutterbies can co-exist (Esther was behind me staring at me as if I had gone mad :rofl: :rofl:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Butterfly numbers down - and I know why!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 13:08:43 PM »
Every day this week and twice on Monday, Sophie has come trotting into the house with a butterfly she has caught - mainly cabbage white and a brown one which I couldn't identify as she had already eaten most of it  :sick:  I don't know where she finds so many as there don't seem to be that many around here at present.  OH rescued one and put  it out, but the others were past help. 

She has also started a new trick.  When we play with da bird and she catches it, she carries it over to my husbands slippers or shoes by his chair and pushes the bird into them.  I don't know why, but I think she is totally puddled at times.  She has now got me to turn on the washbasin tap when I'm in the bathroom, so she can play with the water.  Come to think of it, maybe we're both loopy

Link to CatChat