Author Topic: Venting  (Read 1056 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Venting
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 18:52:47 PM »
I was actually mildly offended but being brought up to be polite managed to refrain from comment. I know what you mean - people really can be oblivious to the population explosion occuring in the feline community.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
Re: Venting
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 18:42:27 PM »
Put some items on freecycle and one of them as a book. A lady requested it and I told her to pick it up last night. When she came round I answered the door but was guarding it in case Asteroid decided to bomb towards it - as she does. Obviously, looking a little odd I felt I had to explain why I was half standing half crouching!

The woman said "oh, we have eight cats." And then went on to say they'd had two, got another and had litters of kittens. Found "good homes" for most of them and kept two kittens - and all five cats got pregnant at the same time. They then kept another three cats. I asked if they were spayed now and she said yes. Guess I have to be grateful for small mercies.

When I told her I had four altogether she said "you're like me then."  :-:

Mmmm, not really! I bet you had to bite your lip at that comment!  :shocked:

It never ceases to amaze me how naive some people are in relation to cats and reproduction. They never stop to consider how their irresponsibility causes misery and suffering for so many felines.  >:(
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Venting
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 16:51:58 PM »
Put some items on freecycle and one of them as a book. A lady requested it and I told her to pick it up last night. When she came round I answered the door but was guarding it in case Asteroid decided to bomb towards it - as she does. Obviously, looking a little odd I felt I had to explain why I was half standing half crouching!

The woman said "oh, we have eight cats." And then went on to say they'd had two, got another and had litters of kittens. Found "good homes" for most of them and kept two kittens - and all five cats got pregnant at the same time. They then kept another three cats. I asked if they were spayed now and she said yes. Guess I have to be grateful for small mercies.

When I told her I had four altogether she said "you're like me then."  :-:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat