Author Topic: disapointed  (Read 1069 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: disapointed
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »
it just exploits the cats but the fact that people are willing to pay this money for kittens just encourages people to breed their own cats even more.

It is a heart breaking scenario but you are left with the only option to encourage people to go through rescue but many won't as they have to wait so long on a kitten and so will just go out and spend rediculous money to members of the public. Last year not far from here someone was selling moggy kittens for £150 and getting it!!!!!!  sickening!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:43 AM »
I would contact her again Mags, poss under a different email addy!  :sneaky: Cant see her being able to sell a blind kitten for that price!  :Crazy:

MBll

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:06:14 AM »
Dont have her number but she has mine & email ...wasni the fact that the kittens were free was more to do with them being blind...dont know what kind of home they went to  but hope it was indoor?  I think that she has reposted them & selling instead as i have seen an ad with the same wording, area etc for stupid money.

I would really love to know what makes folk think an NON PEDIGREE  in other words a MOGGY worth £70 plus ...most folk are pricing kittens £100 plus & at far to young an age.

I would also love to know why  someone  STUPID enough to buy kitens at that price .........its not just the ridiculous price but encouraging  folk to continually breed  their females & sell the litter at under 8 weeks old..theres even ads all over the place to   stud out their tom & looking for  a male to make babys with my female ads

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 00:59:17 AM »
I would contact her again Mags, there may be a misunderstanding.  Hopefully you can get this little sorted  :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 00:57:03 AM »
Could you phone her back?

I know lots of orid people go for cats free to good home but not all are bad.  :shy:

MBll

disapointed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 23:18:07 PM »
Theres a post on that site for 2 kittens that are both blind in one eye, the person wanted them to go together so i emailed with my phone number & the lassie phoned me this afternoon. Well she homed 1 on her/his own & left with the other wee one.  :'(   She said she would call back with arrangemets but has posted the wee kitten up again  :'(

So i guess i have lost out on this wee one...i hope they get  responsible folk

Link to CatChat