Author Topic: play fighting or not?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: play fighting or not?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 13:14:05 PM »
things sometimes get a bit rough between Tilly and Amber who normally love each other - usually if playing in the garden has been rained off, I'd say it was the smell that stirred things up

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: play fighting or not?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:11:57 PM »
It sounds like Fregus did not like the smell and it made him a bit more edgy.

I know with mine occasionally the play fighting leads to over excitement and they get a bit annoyed with each other.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
play fighting or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:07:25 PM »
Hello eveyone,

Last night Fergus and Polly were going crazy, running and tumbling around. But it seemed more than just play fighting as they were swearing at each other and there was hissing going on, which they've never done before. It seemed to be Fergus chasing Polly and "attacking" her as it were.

When I picked Polly up I noticed a horrid smell on her fur. I can't imagine she has rolled in anything outside, as she doesn't venture far from the house and the garden. So I'm wondering whether another cat would have sprayed on her and it was that Fergus didn't like, which was why he was chasing her. Does that sound likely? Or am I just worrying too much and they were probably having a fight over a mousey that they both wanted to play with?!

Polly was fine though, not spooked or being funny when she came inside and seemed fine with Fergus later as well, wasn't cowering from him or trying to get away. Maybe they were just play fighting and now that they're older, they've taken it to the next level?!! Just seemed weird that she had this smell on her as well though.

I don't like them fighting, they're usually so gentle and loving to each other  :Luv:

Thanks
Emma

Link to CatChat