Author Topic: I Can Manage Without Your Help Madam  (Read 1048 times)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Re: I Can Manage Without Your Help Madam
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 13:48:42 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  So glad I'm not alone with this hiccup in my life.  I could indeed add Sir, Gill.  Benny who is at the Bridge, used to want to sit on my embroidery, so I had to spend ages with a pair of tweezers pulling out black hairs before framing anything.  Of course, as I am writing this, they are both sitting in the sun by the window looking as if butter wouldn't melt.   :Luv:  Do you not know Tab that chewed card corners are the in thing this year?  And yes, Jo, I think I would still have the same problem - when Sophie decides she wants to do something I don't think anything short of an exocet missile would stop her.  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 00:39:28 AM »
Can you change the title to add Sir  :rofl: :rofl:

It takes me so long to decide what to draw or paint and as soon as I strat there is Franta sitting head butting the elbow of my drawing hand  :shify: :shify:

Soooooooo if I go down to the grenhouse to do it in there , who is banging on the door but Misa who wants to be something he will not be in the house..............a lapcat! He is followed there by Franta who also wants to be a lapcat..................my life is not my own!

Funny I wasa thinking ealier today that the only way of getting any peace is to lock myself in the studio but then the birmans sit outside and whine!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:20:27 AM »
Oh that feeling I know so well.
I used to do embroidery but Amber chased the needle and thread. Now I do card making and she chews the card, runs off with the backing from sticky tape which is really not good, sits in the middle of whatever Im doing etc and just when I think Im safe Mogs comes along and knocks things over
love
Tab

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
You used to be able to get little plastic cylinders that fed the wool out through a hole but which you could lodge firmly in place so no cats could wander off with them. They were wonderful, until Serendipity discovered the joys of eating the wool as it came out of the cylinder ... Even old age doesn't slow them down I am afraid ...

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
I Can Manage Without Your Help Madam
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:10:59 AM »
I DO love them, but how can I tell my furbabes that I do not need their help with cross-stitch, crochet or knitting.  Ollie likes to sit and watch me cross stitch but has his head so close that one of these days, he'll get spiked by the needle and he does love to help pull the thread through (usually the wrong way!  Sophie, being the little madam she is steals the ball of wool and tries to run off with it or pounces just as I'm trying to do a tricky pattern.  OH is no help because he just howls with laughter and then Sophie sits there smirking cos she thinks she is being clever.  I think I might have to go into the garage with the spiders  :sick: or take up spot-welding  :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat