Author Topic: Stupid...too soon :(  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: Stupid...too soon :(
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 01:49:39 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 23:46:00 PM »
You did the right thing at the time. :care:

I'm sure the volunteer went home feeling like she/he had been a tremendous help to you, and will probably appreciate some feedback tomorrow that you are OK and felt in safe enough hands to let go.  :hug: :hug:

When you are ready, you can go back all smiles and hopeful, and know that the hole in your heart is less raw and ready to be filled once more.  :)

God bless your family this Christmas, having been through this you'll know exactly when you are ready to move on.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 23:39:49 PM »
Oh Liz I am so sorry I'd not heard about Dillon.  :hug: Hope he's met up with my Smudge on the Bridge and all the other black cats and all the others too.

You was NOT being silly and the volunteer will have understood.   I don't think there's ever a right or wrong time and he will not be replaced and will always be in your heart.

Look forward to seeing your new puddy cat in the New Year  ;)

Mary x :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 21:16:41 PM »
So very sorry to hear about Barney  :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 20:29:25 PM »
Barney went to the bridge just over a week ago and if it wasnt for xmas we would be getting another cat sooner but as it is were having to wait till mid jan. I didnt think id be looking forward to it but i am now as the house is soquiet without him. Were going shopping in the sales for new kitty stuff which my daughter is looking forward to.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 04:16:41 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »
 :hug:     :hug:   Got Billy three weeks  after bully went. It had been very empty without her. Still have her photos up. You never forget them

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:52:22 AM »
You are not stupid and you are right, there is never a replacement  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I started my search the day after Kocka going to the Bridge but only by email as I couldnt drive back then.

I brought Misa and Sasa home on the 7th day, I couldnt wait to fill the hole in my heart and in my house.

The time and right cat will be waiting for you when you are ready and Dillon will be watching over you to make sure you make the right choice  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 23:02:41 PM »
:grouphug:

Not stupid at all  :hug: You could never replace Dillon, but what you can do - when you're ready -  is give a loving home to a cat who is alone and needs you as much as you need them  :hug: Considering adopting another cat would be a massive tribute to Dillon and will help ease the pain of missing him  :hug:

When I lost Tiggy I almost immediately started thinking about adopting again, it in no way diminished my love for her and I could never replace her. I even worried whether I would be able to love the boys even a fraction of the way I loved her but I needn't have - I fell head over heels for them before I could even blink! Adopting them so soon after losing her didn't stop me loving and missing her and feeling that she had gone but it did bring some much needed sunshine back into my life and my boys mean the absolute world to me.

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
Stupid...too soon :(
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 22:23:50 PM »
There is a huge cat shaped hole in my house since Dillon went to the Bridge on Tuesday, so like an idiot I trotted off to RSPCA today as I miss him so much.   Error, I went into total breakdown at all the black cats needing homes.  I know I will never ever replace him, but I thought by giving another fur baby a chance it would ease the pain.  Just too soon, cried buckets again, and the poor volunteer  :'(

Link to CatChat